What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitsurugi-w

Arcade Admini-Moderator
Staff member
Immortal
Reaction score
So the sound crackle fix pcbs have arrived. Darksoft has successfully done a few and I have done a few but I am still perfecting the technique. We will send the fix pcb to you if you want to do it yourself. Please take note that it is not a very simple fix for most people. It has given me some problems but I managed to apply them correctly after a few tries. After I do a few more I should be good.

For those of you doing it yourself, I will suggest that after removing the U40 buffer chip that you allow your pcb to cool down before cleaning the pads and adding solder etc. The pads are tiny and the amount of heat used in the removal of the buffer will cause the traces to be very easy to destroy. So let it cool down, apply more solder to the pads with flux, do the same with the fix pcb, then use more flux, line up the fix pcb and use hot air to apply it while pushing down a bit.

If you do it correctly then the sound and gfx will all work perfectly. If not you can have missing sound/errors of bars/lines in the gfx. You can always remove the pcb, add more solder and flux and try again. Just be careful removing the pcb. Give the solder time to melt.

IF YOU APPLY THE FIX IT IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE WILL NOT REPLACE OR REPAIR PCBS YOU HAVE DAMAGED FOR FREE. IF YOU ARE NOT COMFORTABLE IN DOING THE FIX THEN PLEASE SEND IT IN FOR REPAIR!!!!!

When you send your kit in please include a note with your name, forum name, address, phone number, email address and all work that needs to be done. Failure to do so will most likely result in delays in returning your kit. If you live in USA and Canada you can send your PCB or request for the fix PCB to Mitsurugi-w. If you live in Europe then you should contact Darksoft. If you live somewhere else, then you can send to either one of us.

RETURN SHIPPING IS FREE IF YOU SEND JUST THE MAIN KIT PCB TO FIX FIXED. IF YOU SEND THE B-BOARD OR CASE I WILL NEED TO CHARGE SOME FOR SHIPPING.

Note: If you live in Australia or NZ, Guru offered to help with this. PM Darksoft so he can arrange it for you.

I would like to "do it myself" ;) I ordered two kits, one for me and one for a friend of mine. can you send me two fixing kits? maybe together with an st-v? in the latter case, please tell me how much money you get and where to send it to...

and before i forget: i got a new address...

Hi Mitsu,

I will be sending my kit to you since i am in canada. I am not in any rush to get it fixed so what would be a good time to send it to you and to wich address do we send it ?

Thanks

Should we contact you directly if we are in the US and need a fix? I'm not sure where to send it....

Yes. Contact me for the address.

I will be sending my Multi board in for service at some point within the next few weeks (I want to finish the NES 101 project first).

Could you apply all three aftermarket fixes/tweaks for me?

1) Sound Fix
2) Auto Reset Firmware
3) Auto Reset wire

I would like to offer you something for your services, not just paying return shipping. I'll PM with you once I'm ready to ship out.

Just confirming Mitsu's words:

IF YOU APPLY THE FIX IT IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE WILL NOT REPLACE OR REPAIR PCBS YOU HAVE DAMAGED
FOR FREE. IF YOU ARE NOT COMFORTABLE IN DOING THE FIX THEN PLEASE SEND IT IN FOR REPAIR!!!!!

https://youtu.be/TYbw-RjR53A

When you send your kit in please include a note with your name, forum name, address, phone number, email address and all work that needs to be done. Failure to do
so will most likely result in delays in returning your kit. If you live in USA and Canada you can send your PCB or request the fix PCBs to Mitsurugi-w. If you live in Europe then you should contact
Darksoft. If you live somewhere else, then you can send to either one of us.

ok, but could you upload some photos or a tutorial so we see how difficult it is to apply?

I had sent my kit to Mitsu a while back and asked him to hold on to it until the sound fix was out. Today out of the blue a package arrived :thumbup:

After I finished recapping the B Board, I spent the night enjoying Progear. It's perfect!
_DSC2822_2.jpg

Last edited:
I sent a PM a few days ago about sending in 3 kits, but haven't received a reply with where to send them. I've been having some issues with my home email, so I wasn't sure if the reply got lost or you haven't had a chance to get back to me yet.

I'm not in a hurry, just trying to make sure I didn't miss a reply.

Thanks!

Who did you send it to and where are you located?

I PM'd you. I'm located near Seattle in the US. I have 3 boards that need the sound fix and firmware update for auto reboot.

Hmm. I don't see any from you. I'll go ahead and sent you one now.

Mitsurugi-w, what hot air temperature do you recommend for doing the chip swap on this board?

I have been using 360 C but I like to work quick also.

Guys, please send only the main kit pcb in to be fixed. If you send the B-board or the case I will need to get some money from you for return shipping. If you send just the main pcb I cover the return shipping. I don't feel it's fair for me to pay $30 to return ship and entire B-Board when all I did was fix one tiny chip on the kit pcb.

I have been using 360 C but I like to work quick also.

Guys, please send only the main kit pcb in to be fixed. If you send the B-board or the case I will need to get some money from you for return shipping. If you send just the main pcb I cover the return shipping. I don't feel it's fair for me to pay $30 to return ship and entire B-Board when all I did was fix one tiny chip on the kit pcb.
^THAT^

Only the main PCB of the KIT is needed to be shipped. If you want Mitsurugi to solder the reset wires, set the jumpers, etc, that is an extra service.

I'll solder a reset wire for free. I don't need the b-board to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back