What's new

Mitsurugi-w

Arcade Admini-Moderator
Staff member
Immortal
Reaction score
Last edited:
In the video it didn't appear you had the +5 or GND from the cart you added wired up? Are the +5 and GND wires necessary?

In the video it didn't appear you had the +5 or GND from the cart you added wired up? Are the +5 and GND wires necessary?
You only need them for the update process or the cart. After that you can remove them if you want. The cart must be power separate from the pcb to update.

Nice, any idea when the update file will be available?

Also is there going to be a service available to upgrade the carts or what parts do we need to really do this? IE does the programmer come with the needed headers?

You only need them for the update process or the cart. After that you can remove them if you want. The cart must be power separate from the pcb to update.
Ah... so you need to run power to update the card itself to support resetting. Once that has been done the +5 and GND wires CAN be removed if desired (though it may behoove us to keep them in place in case of future updates I imagine).

I got it now.

Excellent news! I'm looking forward to this for sure. Hopefully I can finally get my cab all setup this summer.

Looks great. Can't wait to get the file to update this!

Question: Would changing the loading finished sound clip to something shorter allow the board to reboot faster?

Nice, any idea when the update file will be available?

Also is there going to be a service available to upgrade the carts or what parts do we need to really do this? IE does the programmer come with the needed headers?
Shit, I forgot to upload the file! lol. I'll update the video description and post the link here later.

Looks great. Can't wait to get the file to update this!

Question: Would changing the loading finished sound clip to something shorter allow the board to reboot faster?
Absolutely, and I would recommend it. LOL

File download link added to top post. Enjoy!

[Update] Never mind, I got it to program. I just needed to ignore the message that said:

"Can not read memory! Disable Read Out Protection and retry."

Works great with the new reset feature! ^^

Last edited:
[Update] Never mind, I got it to program. I just needed to ignore the message that said:

"Can not read memory! Disable Read Out Protection and retry."

Works great with the new reset feature! ^^
Glad you are happy with it!

What is a discovery kit? Where do I buy one? What is the cost difference between buying it and doing this myself and sending the board to you to have the service done?

Thanks!

What is a discovery kit? Where do I buy one? What is the cost difference between buying it and doing this myself and sending the board to you to have the service done?

Thanks!
The discovery kit is a pcb module that connects to your pcb via a usb cable and then connects to your cart via the swd connector and allows you to directly reprogram the ARM with new firmware. The same kit can be used to reprogram your CPS2 kit. The kits are not that expensive. If you send it to me to update it will probably cost about the same with return shipping as buying the kit.

You can find the instructions for using the discovery in the opening post of the CPS2 support thread.

Cool, cant wait to try this tonight at home!
Keep the good stuff coming... :thumbsup:

So how is the Pinout to connect the STM32F4 to the ST-V multi cart?
Same as on CPS2? As this one here is just only a 8 Pin Header vs. 10 Pin Header on CPS2...can you addthis to the first post maybe Jeremy?

So how is the Pinout to connect the STM32F4 to the ST-V multi cart?
Same as on CPS2? As this one here is just only a 8 Pin Header vs. 10 Pin Header on CPS2...can you addthis to the first post maybe Jeremy?
Yeah, it's the same pinout as the CPS2 update PDF lists. Just look for the 1 to figure out the direction to turn the ST-V board. The pins run odd on one side, and even on the other:

1 | 2
3 | 4
5 | 6
7 | 8

Last edited:

Thanks!
The discovery kit is a pcb module that connects to your pcb via a usb cable and then connects to your cart via the swd connector and allows you to directly reprogram the ARM with new firmware. The same kit can be used to reprogram your CPS2 kit. The kits are not that expensive. If you send it to me to update it will probably cost about the same with return shipping as buying the kit.
You can find the instructions for using the discovery in the opening post of the CPS2 support thread.
Any suggestions on where to buy? What to buy? Though I am tempted to just send it to you as my CPS2 should come plug-n-play with the new code, etc...

The update process is pretty much identical to the CPS2 firmware update info found in that PDF file: http://www.mediafire.com/view/bhh42dan8tbtr98/CPS2_Firmware_Update.pdf
The software you use and how to use it is all listed in that CPS2 PDF.

The STM32 Discovery kit that you'd need is this one:
http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/STM32F4DISCOVERY/497-11455-ND/2711743

Any ST-V specific stuff that's needed is all in Mitsurugi-W's video and that file. It's pretty straight forward.

The soldering was really the most tedious part (make sure you use flux and a good iron tip as the spots are small).

Last edited:
Back