What's new

shotgun

Beginner
Reaction score
Hello,

i recently bought a virtua cop 3 deluxe machine and it's now working fine but...

If i try another game (via netboot or via GDrom), the game loads well, and right after seeing the sega logo, i get a black screen with : Error 11: JVS I/O board is not connected to main board.
Code:
[CAUSE] (1) I/O BOARD is not connected. (2) Unreliable connection between MAIN BOARD and I/O BOARD.
[COUNTERMEASURES] (1) Connect the I/O BOARD to the MAIN BOARD. Verify that the power cable is connected to I/O BOARD. (2) Reconnect or replace the USB CABLE that connects the I/O BOARD to the MAIN BOAR
But... if i enter the test menu of the game (for example Ghost Squad) and i go in "input test" : all inputs are working great (trigger, gun, start... all)

I have changed (to see if results differ) the 2 I/O boards (main and gun), the USB cable (to be sure)...

I start to think that is maybe a mobo problem or RAM... i don't know...

In a desperate move, i've tried to netboot Cray Taxi and no problem, the game is launched... of course i can't play or start a game :/
But Ghost Squad, Hotd3 don't pass the error 11... only virtua cop 3 is working fine...

Thanks for any input !!

have a nice day

Hello Shotgun.

Can you post a picture of the I/O installed on the machine?

Best regards.

thanks for your interest :)

here it is :

IO Gun 838-13143-08
IO 837-13551-92

Problem solved !

you must unplug the usb cable that goes from the i/o to the header lights... (it must handle the diffrent colors of the lights.. i think, and is not used by the other games i suppose... or maybe for other things)

yeaaaaah HOTD3 and Ghost squad are finally working

Last edited:
Back