What's new

ekorz

Multi Boyz 4 Pi
Legendary
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
Hello wizards! I'm working up my ambition of booting up a Taito X3 on my non-cab setup. The white 4-pin JST XL on the left accepts power... so I think this 60-pin is where I have to plug in my controls (and additional power(?)). Anyway the 60-pin here *looks* like it would accept a JST RA-6011 type connector, or maybe RX-SR60T, but it has two guide keys instead of just one. Anyone know? Bonus points if you know where to buy one...

As a side note I looked in this manual and can't see what the other smaller RA connector is for. Maybe it's just for triggering cab effects/lights and stuff?

fastio.png

60pin connectror is for controls, its a hirose connector not a jst afaik, not sure if a jst will fit.
I think the connector you are looking for is: HIF3BA-60D-2.54C
Attached is the catalog/datasheet for those connectors.

The smaller connector is for cab effects,etc...

I have a couple of spare XL connectors/pins if you need them. Be careful how you connect these, 2 are power and the other 2 are ground.

Attachments

• HIF3B_catalog.pdf
    703.5 KB · Views: 640
Last edited:
Yup, top left is 12v and bottom left is ground, that’s all you need.
Top right is 5v and bottom right is ground, but only needed for the 5v outputs I think.

I used a Sega style 60pin connector JST RA and have to cut the notch to have a perfect fit

Actually its suppose to be 24v but they are using a voltage regulator which has a range of 7-24v just be mind full of this if powering something from the fastio eg lights or an output.

For standard operation 12v is fine though and is what i and a few others are using.

as for the wiring of the 60 pin a wire diagram is posted in a thread here that will give you the 1p layout not hard to grasp what 2p is from it though

EDIT: The pinout for the JVS on the manual you posted is the same for fastio

EDIT2: if you have the jamma board it also has a power output for the card reader on it to just a FYI

Last edited:
I've got this board as well and began hooking it up/poking it and power wise You should ONLY put power into the 24V side. The 24V is so that it has enough power for things like lights/analog/coin however it actually runs fine if you put 6V through it and are not using coin slots. I confirmed via my multi meter that once powered via the 24V port 5V comes out the 5V pins on the power plug. Looking at the PCB layout 24V is fed into two regulators:
24V is fed into a Texas Instruments TPS5430 which is a wide input voltage allowing 5.5V to 40V input which outputs 5.5V and goes through a mosfet to smooth out to 5V or just about.
BA033FP-E2 then connects to the 5V output which steps down to 3.3V for the various ICs.

So realistically you can use any power supply from 5.5V to 40V as the input on the 24V rail. You may need more voltage if you are running coin meters however if you are not you can get by with a much lower voltage power supply.

Edit: just a warning however - lower voltage will have a much higher amperage draw so be sure if you're using high power things such as lights and coin meters to monitor the amps being pulled as to not get things too hot.

Last edited:
TAITO also make a JAMMA version called the FAST IO AMP P.C.B.

It also has a large connector for the extra buttons.

The socket on the PCB is labeled: DDK 5S53 T 0

Anyone have any idea what kind of connector I should use ?

fast_io_crop_resize.jpg

You mean the big black connector?
Should be the same 60 pin connector as on the universal Fast IO, so a JST RA will fit if you trim the notches (e.g. used on Sega JVS I/O)

You mean the big black connector?
Should be the same 60 pin connector as on the universal Fast IO, so a JST RA will fit if you trim the notches (e.g. used on Sega JVS I/O)
Thank you for the tip, where might I get one of these connectors ? Don't really want to order one connector from JST :D

Curious to what the original should be though.

I ended up having to get a new Fast IO because mine wasn't working for buttons 5 and 6. The new one came with a wiring diagram for Left 4 Dead which I'm going to scan this weekend and upload. I wonder if there's someone who would be interested in a Fast IO where only buttons 1-4 work.

I would be interested to harvest some parts.
My own IO is working fine (inputs), but I fried the 5v outputs by connecting them to 12v by mistake...

So via discussion with another user here I've figured out that not all fast io controllers are the same, be careful which you purchase.

This user had K91X1243A and exhibited the same exact issues my board was having before I bought a new one. The problematic board was also labeled K91X1243A.
My working board is K91X1252A

I plan to see if I can hook up a device to interface with the JTAG ports at some point to see if re-flashing is an option but I haven't worked with Lattice devices much at all so not even sure how much is possible there.

Last edited:
Looking to pick up a Fast I/O card and I see lots of K91X1243x models.
So via discussion with another user here I've figured out that not all fast io controllers are the same, be careful which you purchase.

This user had K91X1243A and exhibited the same exact issues my board was having before I bought a new one. The problematic board was also labeled K91X1243A.
There look to be 3 variants though... A, B(?) & C.
All seem to share the J9100633A designation.

Any associated issues with the B & C revision boards?

Not sure, the only one where we noticed the button issue was on the A revision

60pin connectror is for controls, its a hirose connector not a jst afaik, not sure if a jst will fit.

I have a couple of spare XL connectors/pins if you need them. Be careful how you connect these, 2 are power and the other 2 are ground.
Necro bump, but here's the EXACT part numbers for this connector:

housing (board Side): HIF3BA-60PA-2.54DSA(71)
connector (cable side): HIF3BA-60D-2.54C
Pins: HIF3-2022SCF

Why would I need this??

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ;)

Necro bump, but here's the EXACT part numbers for this connector:
housing (board Side): HIF3BA-60PA-2.54DSA(71)
connector (cable side): HIF3BA-60D-2.54C
Pins: HIF3-2022SCF

Why would I need this??

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ;)
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm indeed. ;)

Good timing - I'm in the market and looking for a conversion harness... excited to see what you cook up!

Back