What's new
that’s because DS Multi doesn’t offer the fix tiles to Unibios at boot time just like, guess what? Original carts.
we know about this and we'll make sure that a proper logo is made available. Doesnt have to be the NEOGEO logo though :thumbsup:
Haha... I didn’t think about that, knowing the tiles used to draw the logo, you can prepare custom tiles to display whatever you want… clever!
Anyway, it’s purely cosmetic, I wouldn’t lose time in these frivolities (but I admit it’s a fun idea).

Locutus73

what happens if we have conflicting settings between DS Multi and Unibios, i.e. we choose specific soft dip switch settings for a game and Jap AES mode with DS Multi and different soft dip switch settings and Eur MVS mode with Unibios, what do we get as result?
That's a very good question. The MultiMVS will catch all read/writes and will reply to them instead of the cart or the BIOS. That's the plan to be release with next firmware update.
So, may I ask you implementing a pass-through option for softdips, MVS/AES and region settings in order to let the original/uniBIOS do its work?

Thank you in advance.
Best regards.

Locutus73

Isn’t red blood activated as well via soft dips?At least for MSX, didn’t check other versions yet...
for one of them (3?) If the region is USA the blood is white. Might be a different MS might be a different region, but I know there was a name cheat for red blood.
Every MS game, from 1 to 5 (and X) has white blood (sweat?) with USA and Euro regions. Only Japan gets the full red blood. However, IIRC, all of them have a DIP switch to set red blood despite region, though.

Isn’t red blood activated as well via soft dips?At least for MSX, didn’t check other versions yet...
for one of them (3?) If the region is USA the blood is white. Might be a different MS might be a different region, but I know there was a name cheat for red blood.
Every MS game, from 1 to 5 (and X) has white blood (sweat?) with USA and Euro regions. Only Japan gets the full red blood. However, IIRC, all of them have a DIP switch to set red blood despite region, though.
Yup, thought so to....
So no Unibios/cheats needed then :)

Yup, thought so to....So no Unibios/cheats needed then :)
I’m sorry, but I don’t understand how owning a flashcart would diminish the pleasure of collecting and using real carts. I suppose the majority of DS Multi users still have original carts, enjoying the convenience of accessing sofdips through joypad combos thanks to Unibios. I think using the same Unibios interface for both original carts and DS Multi is another convenience.

Regards.

Locutus73

the best solution is to have a dedicated pure original MVS for DS Multi, a dedicated pure MVS to use with original carts, and a dedicated Unibios MVS for hack/cheats purposes :)

@Locutus73, no offense taken buddy, don’t want to come off as hostile or anything, if you want to use Unibios like loads of other MVS users that’s perfectly fine ;)

For me personally I don’t see the need, also not for original carts.
When I swap carts I need to open up my cab anyway and press the test button if I need to change soft dips.

Yup, thought so to....So no Unibios/cheats needed then :)
I was just trying to think of an arbitrary "cheat" that was just cosmetic that isn't cheating like "invincible" :p
I still wouldn't mind the option to enable cheats, even if I wouldn't use them much, if ever.

So what ever happened to the Canada orders? I remember there was an issue with shipping and they were getting reshipped but I still haven't received mine order #297

I'm finishing a HUGE firmware update. Components have been ordered but I'd like to get that new firm out first. We'll keep you all updated.
Ok, but any lighthearted guess? I mean, you’re right on track, you’re slightly late, etc.
I’m a software dev myself, I’d like to say “it will be released when it’s ready” to my customers, but I can’t. I don’t want a rushed product, but, on the other side, as a customer who paid in advance the whole cart during preorder, I’m not well inclined towards much delay… but we are still in early June.

Many thanks in advance.
Best regards.

Locutus73

well, by comments it's more or less clear that there will be a slight delay. I'll try to keep you updated as soon as I have more information.

@KalessinDB Uh, what did I say of dislikeable?
I’m a software dev myself, I’d like to say “it will be released when it’s ready” to my customers, but I can’t.
That ^
I honestly don’t get what’s wrong with my statement. That’s a sad reality any developer knows and that’s the part of my post where I was most sympathetic with DS.

It will be released when it's ready.
Well, that would be fine if we were talking just about a firmware update. But, there’s a big fat but... since it seems that DS would like to finish the new firmware before starting the production of the new batch and since there are customers (like me) which paid in advance the next batch, scheduled for July, I don’t think the firmware release can be solved with a “It will be released when it's ready”.

Regards.

Locutus73

Back