What's new
I hope I expressed myself clearly and I’m not bothering people with off topics.
I believe you have, I am glad that you are sorted out. I hope 2nd batch preorders of the MVS multi go out soon to all who have ordered. :thumbsup:
As I myself am waiting on another MVS multi from the second batch. :)
I just checked your signature out and I got a little sad. Reminded me of my PDP-V402 that just died, I think its something in the screen itself. (I replaced every single board on the unit)
Oh no!!!!! =O RIP ;( Damn, its such a nice monitor. I dread the day that mine fails, I was thinking of buying all the internal boards now in case I ever need to replace something, but now that you say the screen itself died X/

New version of firmware Released. You can get it from here:
Darksoft's MultiMVS Latest Firmware, Menu and Instructions

All know bugs have been fixed. If you see any bug it's related to NVRAM and will be fixed with next version of menu.
That means that many things have been changed, but most of them you wont notice until you install the new the menu, which will be ready in about 3 weeks.

[Changes]
* Key combination has now changed.
NOW --> 1P Start + Left will go to -1 slot less.
1P Start + Right goes to +1 slot
1P Start+Up will call the menu.
* Properly show the firmware version for FPGA and ARM.
* Properly change Region and Mode (MVS/AES).
* Fixed several situations when the game will freeze.
* Fixed that sometimes changing from SLOT 3 to SLOT 1 will have undesired behaviour.
* Automatcially copy the files of /updated/menu to /games/menu when doing a menu update.
* Added an option that can be activated from the menu so that we can switch off/on the possibility of entering into menu(For public locations)
* A special surprise that will be announced on due time together with AES version.

Once the menu is ready, the changes that you will see with the menu are:
* Region Change
* Mode Change (MVS/AES)
* Possibility to disable returning to Menu/ slot changing from Menu
* Option in the menu so that if UNIBIOS is present, we are not allowed to change REGION or Mode (MVS/AES)
* Add a screensaver or just show a logo moving to avoid Burn-in of Monitors.
* Option in the menu to automatically with each boot or manually Clear NVRAM
* Remove need to delete BUFF File.
* Add the MONITOR PATTERN/Test program in order to test the console and discard cart problems.
* Sort by directory name *OR* game name *OR* self sorted by user by editing a text file inside buff file.
* Update Game thumbnails:) :)
* Problems should now be solved with High Score saving
* Add an option to boot directly into game list (No logo and no man count down)
* Add on the bottom of some pages the possible buttons you can use on that screen, like i.e. Before A,B or C put S: for QuickLaunch.
* Allow to jump from game #0 up to last game + vice versa using left <-> right.
* Add game genre to info box on the bottom, and add genre to filtering options. I often sort my games by genre, if I'm looking for a puzzle
game or a SHMUP or a fighting game, or a run and gun It'd be nice to see a short list with just games in a particularly type. :) :)
* Show Game list according to full name and not according to MAME name.

You can try this firmware version even if you cant notice most of the features yet as it's more stable.

As you can see we are as usual relasing new firmware files as long as need

@Darksoft @Mitsurugi-w @CPZ - SAVEYOURGAMES
How is it going with production guys?
July is approaching.

Thank you in advance.
Regards.

Locutus73
I'm finishing a HUGE firmware update. Components have been ordered but I'd like to get that new firm out first. We'll keep you all updated.

Hi guys, any news for us (I mean new batch production progress)?
In the meantime you released a new firmware (thank you).

Thank you in advance.
Regards.

Locutus73

How is it going with production guys?
July is approaching.

Thank you in advance.
Regards.

Locutus73
I'm finishing a HUGE firmware update. Components have been ordered but I'd like to get that new firm out first. We'll keep you all updated.

Hi guys, any news for us (I mean new batch production progress)?
In the meantime you released a new firmware (thank you).

Thank you in advance.
Regards.

Locutus73

UP

Any news?

Thank you in advance.
Regards.

Locutus73

That massive derailment messed me up, when will these be for sale again? I think I put myself up on the list around August 2016. Not in a huge hurry, but would like to know if I should set aside the cash in the near future. Also, my motherboard is running the multi-bios, will this be a problem? Thanks everyone

Will I need to get an original bios or no? My board is running a multi-bios. I vaguely remember seeing someone having a problem with it, but I can’t find it again. Searched high and low for the post.

multi-bios should be no problem (except for the garbled startup screen which can be disabled) ;)

Back