What's new
Nope, only talking about the Darksoft cart considering it’s his forum and this thread is about his cart. I love mine and can highly give it the thumbs up and recommendation.

I made my decision based on this forum. With old hardware you need support. The people here will help you when it does not work! They helped me too! Nice and very helpful people here :)

Just be patient, you have waited 30 years until you bought a Neo Geo, the few months/weeks do not matter ;)

PS: 30 year are a simple estimation, I have no idea when you actually bought it!

@Dloop yes we are a biased group here :) there are some comparison vids out there from 3rd parties that cover the basic differences pretty well. I think retrorgb did a pretty good one, discussing why one cart might be better for you and your needs. https://www.retrorgb.com/neo-geo-rom-cart-comparison.html the Sd mvs pro isn’t out yet though I don’t think.

I made my decision based on this forum. With old hardware you need support. The people here will help you when it does not work! They helped me too! Nice and very helpful people here :)

Just be patient, you have waited 30 years until you bought a Neo Geo, the few months/weeks do not matter ;)

PS: 30 year are a simple estimation, I have no idea when you actually bought it!
That's a good point about the support :)
@Dloop yes we are a biased group here :) there are some comparison vids out there from 3rd parties that cover the basic differences pretty well. I think retrorgb did a pretty good one, discussing why one cart might be better for you and your needs. https://www.retrorgb.com/neo-geo-rom-cart-comparison.html the Sd mvs pro isn’t out yet though I don’t think.
I want to have the biased feedback to help me save some money ;D But yeah I've seen varying reviews, some stating they have a lot of slowdowns and compability issues with the DS cart. Something I don't see mentioned at all on other sources. So I wanted to get a good view from the people actually using it :) And sounds like at least on some of you that it is working very well :)

I wont lie, I have 4 Neo Geo boards and the DS cart works on 3 of them fine! It does not work perfectly on my 6 slot board. It works but the games have some little graphical artifacts all the time! I call it snow ;) But 6 slot board are a thing for them self....

Sometimes when I run it with other carts in my 4 slot cab I have to cycle trough all other 3 games before it starts. That is no problem for me, I start the cab and press 4 times select and boom the UI is there. Currently I like to run it inside a 1 slot board in my office. Works perfect! Just keep in mind, if you order inside the EU and it does not work, you can send it back without any problem for 14 days.

The user interface (UX) for game selection isn't perfect, because it uses the same button for different functionality depending on the menu that you use! Loading games is fast and I hat no problem running any original games. There is just one homebrew slot machine game I can't load. I don't care.

I'm happy with this cart, I would buy it again :)

Last edited:
NeoSD MVS Pro has been vaporware for 2.5 years now. It's not the 1st, 2nd, or even 3rd time where they've mentioned it will be out in a month or two. Not being biased either. That has been the honest to goodness truth. I've been holding out on a MVS multi solution until the TO MVS Pro streets and I can make a decision then. It might show up at the end of this month like they've said, but that's been said before. Thankfully, I have lots of other arcade games and MVS carts to hold me over.

As for NeoCD games, aren't the exclusives best served in the console setting? Is it really worth the premium for those few titles? Most of the rest are MVS ports aren't they?

At this point isn't "Neo CD Exclusives" really just SamSho RPG? At least as far as "Games worth playing". Otherwise what's left that hasn't been either found in rom form and made into a cartridge (Zintrick), ported (Crossed Swords II), or not really of interest (KoF 96 Collection, ADK World)

I wont lie, I have 4 Neo Geo boards and the DS cart works on 3 of them fine! It does not work perfectly on my 6 slot board. It works but the games have some little graphical artifacts all the time! I call it snow ;) But 6 slot board are a thing for them self....

Sometimes when I run it with other carts in my 4 slot cab I have to cycle trough all other 3 games before it starts. That is no problem for me, I start the cab and press 4 times select and boom the UI is there. Currently I like to run it inside a 1 slot board in my office. Works perfect! Just keep in mind, if you order inside the EU and it does not work, you can send it back without any problem for 14 days.

The user interface (UX) for game selection isn't perfect, because it uses the same button for different functionality depending on the menu that you use! Loading games is fast and I hat no problem running any original games. There is just one homebrew slot machine game I can't load. I don't care.

I'm happy with this cart, I would buy it again :)
I only have one motherboard though, so I really hope it wouldn't be the type that is not stable with the cart :x It's a one slot however.

oh and @CPZ - SAVEYOURGAMES is lighting fast! 2 day delivery to Germany!! I have no idea why I have to wait sometimes 1-3 week to get something from Italy....
Yeah I have bought from there multiple times. Once shipped it is lightning fast, but for some reason it takes a long time until it gets shipped even if it is in stock :) Might just have been bad luck on my timing though.

NeoSD MVS Pro has been vaporware for 2.5 years now. It's not the 1st, 2nd, or even 3rd time where they've mentioned it will be out in a month or two. Not being biased either. That has been the honest to goodness truth. I've been holding out on a MVS multi solution until the TO MVS Pro streets and I can make a decision then. It might show up at the end of this month like they've said, but that's been said before. Thankfully, I have lots of other arcade games and MVS carts to hold me over.

As for NeoCD games, aren't the exclusives best served in the console setting? Is it really worth the premium for those few titles? Most of the rest are MVS ports aren't they?
At this point isn't "Neo CD Exclusives" really just SamSho RPG? At least as far as "Games worth playing". Otherwise what's left that hasn't been either found in rom form and made into a cartridge (Zintrick), ported (Crossed Swords II), or not really of interest (KoF 96 Collection, ADK World)
Now with the NeoGeo CD ODE available, I wonder if it is worth it to have that support on a MVS cart.

Since it would still only be mono through jamma right?

Following this as well. Just picked up an MV1. Hope more come soon. :)

The last 2 units of MVS are still available at Aldos' site: saveyourgames.it/index.php?rou…uct&path=89&product_id=95

A new batch will be ready after summer, so grab these 2 while you can and make sure you try the newest update.

Enjoy!
@kalice that’s the last official word but you can always ask @Darksoft for an update. He usually gives one if he is able. Subjectively it seems like they sell out then it takes ~3 months to restock.
Man you made me think 2 pieces magically appeared. Now I'm sad again :/

Is there a reason people aren't buying them from SaveYourGames?

I'm dumb. I thought they were in stock.

Back