What's new
Order ID:555
Date of Interest: May 27th 2017 (Post 586 in the interest thread)

EDIT:Crap, just realized I was supposed to put that in comments of my order. Hope I didn't miss the boat.

All that said, @Darksoft you may want to talk to Stone Age Gamer here in the States about being a distributor. SAG is the "big name" in console flash cart distributors here, and I know several console players that won't buy any flash solutions unless it comes from them.
I think there would be a conflict of interest here preventing this from happening?

Order ID:555
Date of Interest: May 27th 2017 (Post 586 in the interest thread)

EDIT:Crap, just realized I was supposed to put that in comments of my order. Hope I didn't miss the boat.
No worries, batch #1 still has 15 units or so left, so you’re safe ;)

This has been bothering me for a while.. the NeoGeo is extremely popular and we have not gotten to the 200 unit? The NeoGeo multi should have been sold out by now. I don't see DS making money out of such a small quantity which makes me worry about the future of others Multi systems like the CPS1..if you haven't put your order in, show your support:)
During more than one year we compiled a list of the *potential* interest in the MVS Multi.There were 292 people that showed interest in the MVS version.

70% of the "interested" people (200) did already pay (with real money) during the pre-order phase.

A 100 cart preorder (as originally planned) was a reasonable number. If you would have asked me, I would have thought that 292/2 would be the amount of people willing to really order the cart at day 1, and 292/2/2 would be the amount of people willing to preorder (75 carts).

But hey.. we have more than doubled the expectations :)

Hi all! I have just discovered this website about the flashcard from darksoft! I have some question:
1) if i order now the mvs version of the flashcard,when i will receive it?
2) it has 3 slot: does it means that i can load simultaneoysly 3 different games? If so, if i’m not wrong, it is necessary to load the 3 games only the first time, correct? The second time the loading times will be shorter, right?
3) do you know if the bugs present in the pre-release product will be fixed in the final product?

Thanks

Hi all! I have just discovered this website about the flashcard from darksoft! I have some question:
1) if i order now the mvs version of the flashcard,when i will receive it?
2) it has 3 slot: does it means that i can load simultaneoysly 3 different games? If so, if i’m not wrong, it is necessary to load the 3 games only the first time, correct? The second time the loading times will be shorter, right?
3) do you know if the bugs present in the pre-release product will be fixed in the final product?

Thanks
1) you will still be 1st batch, so in approx 3-4 weeks cartridge will arrive to Italian distributor.
2) loading time is the same. If you load 3 games all the time, it will take what those 3 games take. If you want fast loading, choose only one game.
3) Yes the few bugs left will be fixed prior to release. As usual, this product will have continuous support, so any bug that we find will be fixed.
4) Please update your profile with your approx. location.

1) and 3) perfect!
2) ok. But just to be sure that I have correctly understood: I decide to load 3 games: Last Blade, World Heroes and Fatal Fury. It takes loading times for the 3 games (we suppose more or less 1 minute for every game). Question: if I don't change the games for some days, every time I load one of these 3 games, it takes one minute for every game? Or does it take this loading time only the first time?
4) Done!
5) Do you think that it will be possible to load some screenshots (or game cover) for every game in future?

Hi everyone!

I have only recently found this project and am so happy!
I searched for Neo Geo flash based carts a few years ago but didn't find any active projects.
My Waku Waku 7 cart died recently so I thought I would look again and found Darksoft's MVS cart! (I found NeoSD first but thought there had to be something better so I kept looking!)

Just like legolas119 I didn't post in the pre order thread as I have only just found out about the project.
Order placed and payment made.
$730.99 AUD! Damn you exchange rate :@
Order ID: 566

I can't wait to play Waku Waku 7 again on my MVS!!!

Thanks for making this cart Darksoft!!!

1) and 3) perfect!
2) ok. But just to be sure that I have correctly understood: I decide to load 3 games: Last Blade, World Heroes and Fatal Fury. It takes loading times for the 3 games (we suppose more or less 1 minute for every game). Question: if I don't change the games for some days, every time I load one of these 3 games, it takes one minute for every game? Or does it take this loading time only the first time?
4) Done!
5) Do you think that it will be possible to load some screenshots (or game cover) for every game in future?
2) No. The largest game takes less than 45 seconds to load. So smaller games take much less time. When you turn off the cart and then turn it back on it will reload all three games on boot. If you had the three largest games loaded then it would still take less than a minute to boot. If you had three average-sized games loaded it will take about 20 seconds to boot the cart. If you place the cart in one game mode then it will ONLY load the one game and will then boot much faster than if you were loading three games.

As a side note, the first time you boot the cart n your pcb it will take longer to boot because the cart is setting up the file system and saving the settings to the motherboard.

5) Load some screenshots where?

Hi everyone!

I have only recently found this project and am so happy!
I searched for Neo Geo flash based carts a few years ago but didn't find any active projects.
My Waku Waku 7 cart died recently so I thought I would look again and found Darksoft's MVS cart! (I found NeoSD first but thought there had to be something better so I kept looking!)

Just like legolas119 I didn't post in the pre order thread as I have only just found out about the project.
Order placed and payment made.
$730.99 AUD! Damn you exchange rate :@
Order ID: 566

I can't wait to play Waku Waku 7 again on my MVS!!!

Thanks for making this cart Darksoft!!!
Welcome. Maybe post about the Waku Waku 7 cart problem in a help thread so we can help you get that fixed also. I'm sure someone here can help you.

As a side note, the first time you boot the cart n your pcb it will take longer to boot because the cart is setting up the file system and saving the settings to the motherboard.
I think it would be smart to display a different text on the first time then. Something that says "one time system initialization" or something like that. So certain people have it more difficult to lie about and claiming that this happens every time...

1) and 3) perfect!
4) Done!
2) No. The largest game takes less than 45 seconds to load. So smaller games take much less time. When you turn off the cart and then turn it back on it will reload all three games on boot. If you had the three largest games loaded then it would still take less than a minute to boot. If you had three average-sized games loaded it will take about 20 seconds to boot the cart. If you place the cart in one game mode then it will ONLY load the one game and will then boot much faster than if you were loading three games.

5) Load some screenshots where?
2) ah ok! So, in the worse case, we will wait 45/50 seconds in order lo load the 3 largest games simultaneously. But if I set the One game Mode, the loading time it will be faster

5) well, in the game list menu. It could be possible to see a screenshot (like a preview) of every game in the list? Like in the MAME, for example.

I think he's asking if there will eventually be a screenshot for every game.

Delete my bad it was a question for the multi stv. Oops!

Regards
Euphoria :D

Last edited:
Hi : question

I can't remember who is making the cases for your new cart. Or will the old darksoft multi neo geo cart case work?

Regards
Euphoria
There is no old case. This is a new product. The cart is coming in an MVS style cardboard box.

Hello friends,

I believe that is necessary have a shop to sell this multikits in US or Canada. Aldo and the SaveYourGames are great, but I'm afraid due the delivery time.

I bought an CPS2 Multikit on october 10, 2017 and until now didin't arrive in my country. For me this is not normal and the value is very high for my country and currency.

So, another shop in North America will help on the distribuition.

2) yes
5) watch any of the Videos that @Mitsurugi-w did:

thanks! I see that the logo of every game and a screenshot of every game in the game list are already present, perfect!
Last question: is it necessary a conversion tool in order to make roms compatible with this flashcard? if not, how we can identify working roms? there are a lot of different romset in the web (Mame, FBA, etc..) so it is not simple to understand witch rom is correct fot the flashcard...

Back