What's new
I find funny to care so much about romset purity, without realizing that you are emulating (ok, syntethising) the real cart with the help of a FPGA, and then executing it with a motherboard that uses a hacked BIOS that clearly fails the CRC check!

:whistling:

I find funny to care so much about romset purity, without realizing that you are emulating (ok, syntethising) the real cart with the help of a FPGA
I’m 100% with you that current FPGA is emulation. If you do a 1:1 transistor level HDL description of an old piece of hardware we could talk about FPGA replica, but current FPGA retrogaming is emulation.

and then executing it with a motherboard that uses a hacked BIOS that clearly fails the CRC check!
Well, it’s a tradeoff, let’s say about being real where it really matters. Fetching real hw with good data is ok to me. Having a nice BIOS which doesn't alter (or alters at my will) the functions of a game is ok to me.

Anyway I get your point, you’re right we’re funny, we’re an army of funny weird retrogaming OCD geeks… and I'm proud of it.

Locutus73

Anyway I get your point, you’re right we’re funny, we’re an army of funny weird retrogaming OCD geeks… and I'm proud of it.
They like to call us freaks, because they can't understand so much as we do of arcade games. Anyway, different points of view are welcome.

If you want 100% original, you must run IMHO the original code in the original mobo, which in this case with emulation protection is not possible.

I think I'm going to move my own post to arcade talk ;)

Knowing the crc checks out is nice, but i mainly use it to check if the cart ibought is an original...
The CRC check does not tell you if a cart is original or not. My bootleg Ganryu cart passes the CRC with no issues.

Back on topic of the DarkSoft MVS

=P

The pre-order should be shipping out in July ?

Once the DS MVS arrives.

what needs to be done ?

any soldering required ?

SD card preparation is basically all you need to worry about.
IF you have the voltage problem you may need to cut a trace, but that only seems to be needed with one specific MVS mobo (its not needed or recommended for anyone else).

can anyone provide their experience (Current owners of the 1st batch)
with

Twinkle Star Sprites
View-Point
Magician Lord

can anyone provide their experience (Current owners of the 1st batch)
with

Twinkle Star Sprites
View-Point
Magician Lord
All above work great in my 2 slot mobo.

All Neo Geo games work 100%, bar two (kof 98 , pulstar. update due anytime )

Last edited:
I just wanna be the first to ask this...

Does it work with Unibios V4?
;)

I just wanna be the first to ask this...

Does it work with Unibios V4?
;)
No idea, I think neither DS nor Mitsu have tested a beta/release version of UniBIOS v4.0 yet, but I also think it will.

Back