What's new
Order 566 arrived!!!
Got to play Waku Waku 7 again :D
So happy!

Playing on my Omega and everything working nicely.
Getting to Unibios menu works fine and the game selection shorcuts and back to the Multigame menu works as it should too.

This weekend is now all NeoGeo time!!!
Can you post details of your nice working setup?
:D
My Omega is outputting RGB via SCART to my Shinybow 6x2 Matrix.
1 output goes to my OSSC which is connected to my 60" LG TV. The other goes to my SCART to component converter and then to my 68cm Hitachi CRT.
I always play on the CRT though. Just seems more authentic and I think it looks much nicer.
My Neo Geo CD Controllers are holding up quite nicely :D

I just got a text that mine should be arriving today. Pretty excited, it has been a worthwhile wait since this was announced.

The ordering page currently reads "PREORDER ONLY, AVAILABLE FROM JUNE 2018"

Is there any way you will consider opening up to "pay" for the preorder?

just out of curiosity @Darksoft do you have an idea when the aes version will be up for sale? just ballpark obvs. This year? And just as a sidenote is there anything that you might change with the aes release now the mvs cart is out in the wild and feedback is coming in? ta

just out of curiosity @Darksoft do you have an idea when the aes version will be up for sale? just ballpark obvs. This year? And just as a sidenote is there anything that you might change with the aes release now the mvs cart is out in the wild and feedback is coming in? ta
I would imagine his "free time" is being spent buttoning up the remaining issues with the MVS version before working in the AES... but who knows, he is Darksoft after all.

I would imagine his "free time" is being spent buttoning up the remaining issues with the MVS version before working in the AES... but who knows, he is Darksoft after all.
Just a polite enquiry nothing more. Pretty reasonable question i thought.

Works great, the loading times are even more impressive when you see it. I'd also like to thank @SmokeMonster as everyone here has been pretty helpful and his pack is great.

Thanks and keep up the good work Darksoft. I have been debating buying the CPS2 for years but was worried about putting it together, maybe I'll try now?

Works great, the loading times are even more impressive when you see it. I'd also like to thank @SmokeMonster as everyone here has been pretty helpful and his pack is great.

Thanks and keep up the good work Darksoft. I have been debating buying the CPS2 for years but was worried about putting it together, maybe I'll try now?
Assembling the CPS2 kit is way easier than it looks. Especially if you have a newer B Board, dont want to install the keywriting and got a PALG chip. Then it is basically just pulling the (EP)ROMS out and pushing the kit in. Thats childs play really. I really recommend that kit. (Way more then the MVS to be honest) ;)

If you order a CPS2 now, it will have the keywriting firmware, so you would have to install the 4 wires.

What DenTarr said but definitely get a cps2 kit and welcome to the rabbit hole. Cps2 started it off for me, then there was the neo, and then I had to get the St-v kit (will be installed today). Next is the F3 if I could a motherboard at a decent price.

If you order a CPS2 now, it will have the keywriting firmware, so you would have to install the 4 wires.
No you won't. If you are only using decrypted sets then there is no need to write a key. Only if you want to use encrypted roms or a mixture of both. :)

Only if you want to. You can still use the unencrypted romset and use it like before. Keywriting is only needed if you want to use the encrypted roms.
I asked Darksoft about it when I thought about buying the kit.

Well I ended up soldering the keywriting anyway but it is up to you. Which is always nice ^^

Ah ok cool, I thought the wires are needed anyway and you would use the blank keyfiles to use the previous roll up packs

I would imagine his "free time" is being spent buttoning up the remaining issues with the MVS version before working in the AES... but who knows, he is Darksoft after all. :D
Just a polite enquiry nothing more. Pretty reasonable question i thought.
That's what people think every time it's asked.

Not piling on here just mentioning it.

DS mentioned ironing out the bugs in the MVS so that the AES should be perfect. ;)

Last edited:
All I was trying to say is that the AES is based off of the MVS, so the MVS needs to work great before moving on to the AES.

So it would be hard to have a date for the AES until work is completed on the MVS.

But, having said that, Darksoft has said that once the MVS is working fine, it should be a relatively short time for the AES to be released.

At least that's how I understand it.

When AES cart is released I expect it will go a lot smoother.
Two major reasons for this...
  1. Bugs found now in the MVS firmware will also help supporting AES
  2. AES hardware only has two minor revisions that I'm aware of (unlike MVS motherboards that have many many different revisions).

any idea when the Dark soft MVS will be available for ordering again ?

Back