What's new
the extra pcb on the 138 in 1 in awful - it damaged the jamma connector on my mvs adapter.

that's why i did the dip switch mod - still a pain to change the games but you don't need the pcb, don't have the game selection menu and you can access the soft dips...

that was my first mod i did, i figured, worst case i only kill the 138 in 1 :D

I just bought a neo geo consolized and so want one of these. Looks much better then neosd, but the price on either flash cart is what's making me have second thoughts. Might just stay on my multi game cart from china. Don't know what to do yet?
Ok, I'll help you with this since you don't know what to do...

Start saving now and by the time the Darksoft 2nd batch of Neo Geo multis are ready you will be too.

Just do the math. It comes out to about $4 a game.

:D

the extra pcb on the 138 in 1 in awful - it damaged the jamma connector on my mvs adapter.
Really? How so? I have mine running for ages now on my mv1fs. There werent any good alternatives to the china multis until recently, after all. But so far nothing broke.
But I heard rumors that the China Multis use too high current on the Logic lines. But never heard it confirmed. Thats definitely something to put into consideration when buying that stuff.

@DenTarr the pcb was thicker than normal boards and was very fitting very stiff - i had to use a lot of force to separate it from the rest and that broke a part of the connector off

I just bought a neo geo consolized and so want one of these. Looks much better then neosd, but the price on either flash cart is what's making me have second thoughts. Might just stay on my multi game cart from china. Don't know what to do yet?
Ok, I'll help you with this since you don't know what to do...
Start saving now and by the time the Darksoft 2nd batch of Neo Geo multis are ready you will be too.

presales are open. You can order yours right now.

Ok, I'll help you with this since you don't know what to do...Start saving now and by the time the Darksoft 2nd batch of Neo Geo multis are ready you will be too.

presales are open. You can order yours right now.

I know, It's been in my checkout basket all day. It's so much money to spend though, for me at least. I would get buyer remorse for sure. If it was only 100 euro's cheaper I would bite. I do have a few pc engine repros with clam shell cases up on ebay. If they sell I will buy this cart right now.

Last edited:
Can you elaborate please?
I mean that, as Darksoft said, all games excluding mslugx pass the Unibios CRC check.So everybody is happy :D
Well Metal Slug X doesnt pass it on the NeoSD either so that is a draw.
Incorrect. Metal Slug X passes CRC test perfectly on the NeoSD. Just tested it.
Next challenge accepted?
Locutus73
Which challenge? I did not get it :(

Yep. They know how the protection works for that game so they don't have to use the patched version like we are. Once they share how the protection works with the world (it's not in MAME even) it will be supported by ours as well.

It's been discussed ad nauseam over the last year.

Yep. They know how the protection works for that game so they don't have to use the patched version like we are. Once they share how the protection works with the world (it's not in MAME even) it will be supported by ours as well.
It's been discussed ad nauseam over the last year.
Sure, I know that. Now my question would be: if NeoSD could understand how that protection works, I think you guys can too (unless they had access to some kind of secret documents, I have no idea how they cracked this). What would take longer: for NeoSD team to publish their findings or you guys to reverse engineer it too? :)

Sure, I know that. Now my question would be: if NeoSD could understand how that protection works, I think you guys can too (unless they had access to some kind of secret documents, I have no idea how they cracked this). What would take longer: for NeoSD team to publish their findings or you guys to reverse engineer it too?
Well they had some Neo experts helping them out. We didn't. Remember the only reason that cart came to be was because one of those experts doesn't like us and was trying to undermine us. But to be honest we haven't looked into it much yet so we probably will get it eventually.

Yeah, remember that the other site has a few former SNK staff and potentially engineers (I'm not sure on this)

At the end of the day there's always going to be advantages and disadvantages between multiple products on the market.

The big advantage of Darksoft products is the support, if there are features that don't work or can be improved upon, it happens. CPS2 had sound issues at launch, fixed. Key writing was a feature that didn't need to be added, it could've been held back for an updated product or not released at all.

Neo multi has already seen 3 dashboard updates and a firmware update. If DS says the last non working games will be fixed, they will be. I agree it sucks that the games that don't work are some of the best games on the platform, but that happens.

I feel like it's worth pointing out that there's about 10 different revisions of cart boards, there's different protection chips, then there's I think 12 different versions of 1 slot boards, 2 revisions of 2 slot and 3 revisions of 4 slot board. And that's just MVS. It's a lot that can go wrong.

Remember the only reason that cart came to be was because one of those experts doesn't like us and was trying to undermine us.
It really pisses me off too!
For YEARS I had been telling that community we needed a MVS/AES flashcart, and for YEARS I was told...
  1. It would be too complex
  2. It would be too expencive
  3. No one would buy one because of the price
Then someone (you guys) with the talent finally agrees to take on the project.
They rush to create the very thing I told them for years the community wanted and would pay for. :cursing:

I'm a gamer not a tech head.

Metal Slug X works!

Why it's so important that it passes a CRC check, can anyone tell me:-

What do the numbers mean?
Whats the difference in a pass and non pass game wise?
Who's in charge of the unibios CRC check?
Whats does it check?
The big one is can it be faked to pass CRC?

Now the Multicart is out is there a need for a Unibios ? ( apart from checking CRC )

Back