What's new
I agree with you that there can be some leeway sometimes. I mean, there can be some leeway with big companies too... I always accepted that: in a previous post of mine I said “I’m not well inclined towards much delay” which doesn’t rules out any delay. Regarding the hobbyism I’m not with you 100%: I know that all this starts as a hobby shared with retrogaming fans, I like and appreciate this with all pros and cons; on the other side, when you take preorders money in advance, you know from the beginning that the hobbyism starts to fade away and obligations rise. i.e. you have to schedule your tasks, such as developing a firmware and actually building boards, carefully, in order to fulfill paid orders in time or with the minimum delay possible.
I’m sure DS is considering and doing all this professionally, not as an hobbyist.

Regards.

Locutus73

Last edited:
Dear Locutus73,
in this forum there is a community of people that are like friends, we all together have helped many projects, betatesting, make donation for rom conversion and many others projects. For nobody here is a problem if a multicart come out a month later, is not something that you can't live without. if the problem are the money you have paid in advance, don't worry If you want I can refund you immediatly, for me and Darksoft have a delay with this orders can be a problem much bigger than your.

I'm sad because you are italian, me too, and you are the only one that speak in this way. If you want to wait it's ok, we can't say the exact day of release of firmware or cart, if this is not acceptable by you send me an email.

Here it's more important the community, here isn't Neo-geo.com, I think that I have no customers here, I have friends, and believe me that the gain is not enough for what we do, but we can't ask more.

Don't start to quote or explain, everyone here have completely understand your point of view, ask to yourself if you want this product or if you prefer spend your money in something else.

with respect (I understand your complain believe me)

Aldo

I think everyone has already stated their opinion. This is a hobbiest thing and we try to release as soon as we can, listening to people's ideas, constantly improving the product, etc.

Now please back to topic or we'll have to delete posts.

Don't start to quote or explain, everyone here have completely understand your point of view
Ok Aldo, but I don't think everyone have understood my point of view because...

with respect (I understand your complain believe me)
...I'm not complaining at all. On the contrary I’m friendly discussing with DS about task scheduling and product release; please reread my posts, I’m always sympathetic and friendly with DS. I’m arguing about the right scheduling of firmware development and new boards assembly.
I appreciate your honesty with the refund offer (to be fair I find it a little passive aggressive, but it doesn’t matter), but I would be completely crazy asking for a refund on June for a product scheduled for July… and I think that asking a refund in August would be inopportune, legit, but inopportune.
Regarding here not being ng.com I agree (even if I appreciate ng.com dark humour): this is a friendly place to discuss and that’s the point of a good forum. I don’t see any drama in my posts, neither in DS’s replies; but honestly I see some drama in people putting downvotes when someone is discussing with a VIP (I understand the comradeship mechanism, but I don’t agree). I think this is not a Scientology forum where you can’t argue about Xenu. :D

listening to people's ideas, constantly improving the product, etc.
I totally believe you’re listening to my ideas about task scheduling and I don’t think you felt offended or assaulted by my posts. I believe you’re listening because you and Aldo listened to me in the past, when I asked about new batch orders and you opened the preorders the same day… and I was the first to put an order (just to say I'm firmly supporting your product).

Now please back to topic or we'll have to delete posts.
That's fair, you're an admin here, so your home, your rules. You can delete this post if you want, but I think discussing about release date and production scheduling is in topic in “Neogeo Multigame Presales open!!!!”.

Regards.

Locutus73

@Locutus73 I think you are mixing things up a bit and branching out into other topics in this thread.

You asked about a time frame regarding your preorder (at least I think you did) and were answered, which is the point/topic of this thread.
You appeared not to be satisfied with the answer, so as passive aggressive as it may seem to you, were given the option of a refund. Aldo & DS want to make sure everyone is happy with what they ordered is all.
I'll do one better , if you would like I will send you my multicart and take your place in the preorder on the second batch.

index.php

If you want to chat with DS about task scheduling as a Dev, etc...you can PM him, or you can post your questions in his section..
https://www.arcade-projects.com/forums/index.php?forums/ask-darksoft-dark-discussions.25/
DS has been one of the most easily reachable devs in this hobby and a total pleasure to deal with.

Now, back on topic people. :P

61697151.jpg

Last edited:
I'll do one better , if you would like I will send you my multicart and take your place in the preorder on the second batch.
Uh, thank you dude for your incredible kind offer, but… c’mon, I’m old enough (see the ’73 in my nickname) to wait some time… again thank you very much for your offer, I really appreciate the friendly spirit, really! :thumbsup:

If you want to chat with DS about task scheduling as a Dev, etc...you can PM him, or you can post your questions in his section..
https://www.arcade-projects.com/forums/index.php?forums/ask-darksoft-dark-discussions.25/
Ok, I really believed this was the right section.

DS has been one of the most easily reachable devs/hobbyists and a total pleasure to deal with.
I never denied that.

Thank you, really.
Regards.

Locutus73

No matter what anyone thinks or wants can change the fact that this is NOT A BUSINESS.

This is a forum to post about Darksoft's arcade projects that he is working on to share with the classic arcade community to keep these classic games alive for us and future generations of gamers to come.

If Darksoft was in it for the money, he would be doing something else. So I, for one, am VERY HAPPY that he is still motivated to keep devoting his precious time to creating something that I love.

That is all.

No matter what anyone thinks or wants can change the fact that this is NOT A BUSINESS.
I can agree with you if we talk about the spirit of the endeavour, the effort and time put by @Darksoft, the sharing essence of the project and all… and I appreciate all this very much and I tried and will continue to try to contribute with ideas, debugging, etc.
But technically speaking I disagree.
I know I’m offtopic and I’ll get downvotes and all…

Regards.

Locutus73

Last edited:
@Locutus73

I still fail to see what is the point that you are trying to make or the questions you are trying to ask???

Is it that you are unhappy with Darksoft's time management skills in delivering on your preorder and his release timeframe of firmware updates for it??

Please, share your thoughts, because you seem to still be bothered by something.

Last edited:
I need to get one of these. Will these always be available in the future? Don't want to miss out now and there be production/whatever issues later on.

I need to get one of these. Will these always be available in the future? Don't want to miss out now and there be production/whatever issues later on.
They should be as its his latest multi and Darksoft hasnt retired production of any of his multis as far as I know.

@Locutus73

I still fail to see what is the point that you are trying to make or the questions you are trying to ask???

Is it that you are unhappy with Darksoft's time management skills in delivering on your preorder and his release timeframe of firmware updates for it??

Please, share your thoughts, because you seem to still be bothered by something.
With all honesty, I’m not bothered and I’m not trying to make any point or question; I already expressed all I had to express in my first or second post. I mean, really dude. For me it was all fine and concluded with this post Neogeo Multigame Presales open!!!! where I thanked Darksoft for his answer about the delay.
Answering to your question, If there’s something I’m unhappy about (but I can understand the underlying mechanism) is all the downvotes when someone is politely and friendly discussing with a VIP, but I can live with that. Being friendly doesn’t mean agreeing on everything and not arguing; and rest assured that if someone responds to me with something I disagree, I will politely express my opinion (I think that's legit in a forum). My points about expectations, relationships and obligations are all expressed in my first posts, all the others are replies to replies to replies and downvotes and downvotes and downvotes.

I hope I expressed myself clearly and I’m not bothering people with off topics.

Regards.

Locutus73

They should be as its his latest multi and Darksoft hasnt retired production of any of his multis as far as I know.
Great thanks, Just ordered a CPS2 kit. I'll do the MVS mutli next :)

Great thanks, Just ordered a CPS2 kit. I'll do the MVS mutli next :)
Nice! I got to other another cps2 kit myself. Do you have your donor board yet?

@Derick2k

No donor board yet. But will be getting one soon :) I have a MV1C and just got a Naomi 2. Also have a Triforce coming my way.

If you have an suggestions on which A/B boards to get, please don't hesitate to fill me in. I'm very much a newbie and trying to absorb all the info I can.

I just checked your signature out and I got a little sad. Reminded me of my PDP-V402 that just died, I think its something in the screen itself. (I replaced every single board on the unit)

Last edited:
Any A/B for CPS2 multi is all good, if you can find a revision 6/7 board these have the connector for the key writing wires which makes things a bit cleaner and if you get a board with a G PAL already installed you don't need to replace the PAL or install a jumper wire.

Marvel vs Capcom is typically the cheapest board with a G PAL and is generally found on rev 7 boards, so a lot of these get sacrificed. But get whatever you can get at a reasonable price.

If you have an suggestions on which A/B boards to get, please don't hesitate to fill me in. I'm very much a newbie and trying to absorb all the info I can.
Given prices, availability, rarity, etc. I'd keep an eye out for USA regions of Marvel Vs Street Fighter or Marvel Vs Capcom. Both are regularly available with working A boards at not-crazy prices. Both should be rev7's with G Pals already, and all the jumpers set properly (though it's worth double-checking). Replace the fan on the A board when you get it, it's like a jet engine. I'd also buy a working one rather than a suicide one. A lot of material out there says to buy a dead one, but we can restore security keys now so it's sort of irrelevant. The DS Multi is effectively a reversible mod now, there's no such thing as 'killing' a B board.

Back