What's new
So wait, are we posting our order number/date here along with where we were in the preorder interest thread, or did we just need to note that in the Save Your Games order field?

I started a thread about multi artwork on July 23 2015 but I didn’t post in the interest thread.

Oh well, I'm not worried it's just funny how things work out.

The cartridge has the following features:

* Compatible with every existing NeoGeo game, homebrew or your own developed Neo-Geo software.
( It doesn't support any of the NGDEV games and it won't support it in the future as a explicit request of NGDEV team.)
* Offers 3 simultaneous virtual slots. YES, this cart converts each slot of your MVS pcbs into additional 3 slots to load more MVS games!
* Each slot offers 768 Mbits of memory, enough to hold the largest officially released game.
* MicroSD slot to add new games or software at any time. Supports FAT32 with long file names.
* Runs unpatched original ROMS.
* Includes the coolest menu that we could think of, with several navigating modes and amazing tunes.
* Menu is flexible, many options can be changed by the user.
* Includes support for saving soft dipswitches for each game.
* Includes support for saving High Scores for each game.
* Switch Regions without the need for a bootleg BIOS.
* Easy call back of menu at any time during game play with a joystick+button combination.
* Easy slot change at any time during gameplay with a joystick+buttons combination.
* 8 layer state-of-the-art PCB with Altera Cyclone IV, DDR memory, Flash memory and ARM processor.
* Low power, high density design. Cart weighs less and consumes less power than an original cartridge.
* Updateable firmware and menu by just adding new files into the microSD.
* DDR technology allows to load the largest game in less than 18 secs as compared to 4 minutes of flash technology.
* Only available with a plastic shell for proper protection and storage.
* Includes carton box and labels as a homage to the original MVS cartridge sets, plus a PVC protection box
* Continuous support and improvements. Many more features coming soon.
* An outstanding track record of all of Darksoft's multi-game products!

:D
Are all of these really the official features of DS cart? I especially like the option to save per-game dipswitches, that should allow me to play Metal Slug in English with red blood all the time, as well as king of fighters with red blood and all the natural "movements"! :)
Yes, this list is straight from the official order website.

I just highlighted my favorite parts.

:D

Kept my og bios so I’ll see how it behaves with the unibios first, and swap it if needed

Kept my og bios so I’ll see how it behaves with the unibios first, and swap it if needed
I can personally confirm that it works 100% with an original bios. The guys have confirmed that they implemented support for the unibios as well, so with their track record it should also be 100% :)

from http://unibios.free.fr/whatisit.html

WHAT IS IT

The UNIVERSE BIOS is for owners of MVS or AES hardware that want an easy way
to change country region or between Arcade or Console mode on boot. Also included
are other features that are not possible using the standard MVS bios.

The UNIVERSE BIOS is also designed to give easy access to things like inserting
coins, test mode and memory card management when using the joystick ports only.
Of course the BIOS still allows standard operation too.

MAIN FEATURES
  • The ability to quickly and easily change operation from MVS to AES. Play your favourite games as the home console version enabling all the extra gameplay options that come with some games.
  • The ability to quickly and easily change country region (great for games that disable blood under USA region).
  • Access to the DEBUG DIP's and DEVELOPER mode.
  • Want unlimited lives or energy... Then cheat in games using the built in cheat engine which currently holds over 1570 cheats!!!
  • High score saving support on AES hardware by smkdan (memory card required).
  • If you are not happy with the cheats already there then you can patch directly into memory any place you like adding your own.
  • Jukebox player where one can listen to game music without sound FX from gameplay over the top. Nice option if you want to create MP3's.
  • A ROM CRC32 check where you can confirm a games program roms are good.
  • True USA region support (correct coin display on bottom left and right of screen in the same way a true USA BIOS does.
  • Arcade VS-MODE support which is known to be in the version 6 JAPAN bios. Turn this feature on via hard dip 2.
  • PC-2-NEO which gives the ability to upload and download data from the system using a cable which can be easily built.
Other Features

• Remapping of coin switches to select buttons and visa versa. This allows a SNK joypad pad to do everything.
  • Once region and operation mode is set the BIOS will remember settings until you change them again (memory card required on AES hardware for this to work).
  • Access to the standard Memory Card Utility no matter what Mode the BIOS is in (one could never access this menu with the normal MVS BIOS).
  • Access to Test Mode on boot without the need of wiring the Test Mode JAMMA pins or fiddling with DIP's.
  • Enhancements to the TEST MODE menu and hardware test screens.
  • Console mode lockout protection removed from latest games when running on MVS hardware (bypasses the red warning screens).
  • Arcade mode lockout protection removed from latest games when running on AES hardware (bypasses the red warning screens).
  • Look at internal memory with the built in memory viewer. This is handy for tracking faults with slots that don't work (multislot hardware) or carts that simply won't start.
  • The ability to soft reboot the system without the need of powering off and on.

Look forward to getting an AES version of this. I take it I'll have to wait till next year?

"( It doesn't support any of the NGDEV games and it won't support it in the future as a explicit request of NGDEV team.)"

I completely,100% disagree with that request but I respect your decision..

Look forward to getting an AES version of this. I take it I'll have to wait till next year?
yes. I'm afraid that early next year I'll have the ARE version ready and will start taking orders.

It doesn't support any of the NGDEV games and it won't support it in the future as a explicit request of NGDEV team
I don't agree, but hey I also say no big loss...

Best NGDEV game I played was Neo XY, and it was little more than a Truxton wanabe IMO.
The kind of game you'd maybe spend 20$~50$ to play, not 100$'s!

Neo XYX
Neo4.jpg

Truxton II
img_fiche_1_24.gif

Ordered Wednesday evening, unfortunately without ever being in the preorder interest thread...
Is it still possible to get one in the near future???

Thanks for your efforts!

No money though. Oldest daughter's bday was last Friday, Christmas coming up and then in January my youngest's 1st bday. I need to sell some games to raise funds..lol
Totally get that, mine has a bday this month! Hm, doesn't look like there's many games for sale on your website. Got a sale list somewhere?
Nah, I stopped bring them in because I couldn't keep them in stock and the prices were getting stupid. Oh and I mean my games that I don't really collect like Nintendo that I have.

No money though. Oldest daughter's bday was last Friday, Christmas coming up and then in January my youngest's 1st bday. I need to sell some games to raise funds..lol
Totally get that, mine has a bday this month! Hm, doesn't look like there's many games for sale on your website. Got a sale list somewhere?
Nah, I stopped bring them in because I couldn't keep them in stock and the prices were getting stupid. Oh and I mean my games that I don't really collect like Nintendo that I have.
Nintendo, you say? *Strokes beard thoughtfully*

Back