What's new
Plus add in most of the NeoGeoSD owners once they realize what they are missing...

:D
Well I do doubt that. I got a NeoSD AES cart and I find it to be a pretty cool piece of hardware. Bashing NeoSD might be pretty "in" here but as a user my experiences have peen positive.
And some of its features (like taking out the SD card and having it behave like an original cart) are nice.

That being said I do look forward to get Darksofts cart and see how it behaves :)

I don't know how many people are serious about actually *bashing* it per se. I think it's more that we're used to DS/Mitsu's names being dragged through the mud and projects unfairly dismissed out of hand that people do it a little just as a sort of payback, even if they would normally be better than that.

I'd think this will outsell CPS2 by virtue of it being PnP (more or less).

Ccol, thanks for that update, darksoft. :thumbup:
it's more that we're used to DS/Mitsu's names being dragged through the mud and projects unfairly dismissed out of hand
That's what I realized, too. It's so easy to jump on the train of bashing in
the 'you know where' forum, and I have to admit that I sometimes tended to...
or at least believed what they wrote.
(i signed in here as i read about the ds muti, and then I read about the "drama", even asked rot in chat about the story...)...
The last edited video about the Prototype test has been enough to say
Good bye to the ng forums.

Plus add in most of the NeoGeoSD owners once they realize what they are missing...

Well I do doubt that. I got a NeoSD AES cart and I find it to be a pretty cool piece of hardware. Bashing NeoSD might be pretty "in" here but as a user my experiences have peen positive.
And some of its features (like taking out the SD card and having it behave like an original cart) are nice.

That being said I do look forward to get Darksofts cart and see how it behaves :)
I have nothing against the NeoSD, and I don't consider my statement bashing it at all. Just having a little fun is all.

I have a NeoSD and it works like it should. It's not bad at all. Ours has better options, but considering the shit we take from them over there it's fun to poke them from time to time. They absolutely can't stand being the butt of a joke and I find the way they react to be hilarious.

also keep in mind that over there bashing DS is the "in" thing.

However I don't see why both products can't exist simultaneously. The Super Everdrive and SD2SNES both exist without issues.

Both products do exist, in the end it will be the individuals' preference as to which they get.

I have actually been debating buying a neosd myself so I can try it out firsthand and see how it is. The only thing stopping me is having to head over to NG for any type of support. I dont need to deal with the drama, sarcastic, belligerent, disrespectful responses/attitude when I have question about a product, even if the answer to my question has already been answered in 2,000 other posts on there. I signed up on NG and was immediately turned off to the entire site after reading a few threads, thankfully I found this site because of Darksofts blog.

But, for me, the clear choice is Darksoft for the following reasons and possibly more that dont come to mind yet || :

• Ongoing, Accessible, Quality Support for all products - (I cant stress how important this is, I believe as long as these guys are alive they will support their products)
  • Easy to approach, talk to - (I have never had a bad experience from chatting with these guys, even on some of the most obvious/dumbest questions/topics I have brought up)
  • This site/community - (This site welcomes all and doesnt judge and has an amazingly talented/skilled member base)
  • Consistency/Product Quality - (DS never stops working and he has been the sole source of producing multi kits accessible for anyone to purchase - no limited runs, no I can only sell to local buyers, no I only did it for me)
  • Price - (I believe the price for his kits have always been more than fair, some might find the prices high, but in the grand scheme of things, his kits give you access to play all game in real hardware - if you dont like the price there is always mame)

Last edited:
Both products do exist, in the end it will be the individuals' preference as to which they get.

I have actually been debating buying a neosd myself so I can try it out firsthand and see how it is. The only thing stopping me is having to head over to NG for any type of support. I dont need to deal with the drama, sarcastic, belligerent, disrespectful responses/attitude when I have question about a product, even if the answer to my question has already been answered in 2,000 other posts on there. I signed up on NG and was immediately turned off to the entire site after reading a few threads, thankfully I found this site because of Darksofts blog.

But, for me, the clear choice is Darksoft for the following reasons and possibly more that dont come to mind yet || :

• Ongoing, Accessible, Quality Support for all products - (I cant stress how important this is, I believe as long as these guys are alive they will support their products)
  • Easy to approach, talk to - (I have never had a bad experience from chatting with these guys, even on some of the most obvious/dumbest questions/topics I have brought up)
  • This site/community - (This site welcomes all and doesnt judge and has an amazingly talented/skilled member base)
  • Consistency/Product Quality - (DS never stops working and he has been the sole source of producing multi kits accessible for anyone to purchase - no limited runs, no I can only sell to local buyers, no I only did it for me)
  • Price - (I believe the price for his kits have always been more than fair, some might find the prices high, but in the grand scheme of things, his kits give you access to play all game in real hardware - if you dont like the price there is always mame)
I'm sorry, did I miss something here? Have you been appointed as DS' sales manager? Well put :)

The only thing stopping me is having to head over to NG for any type of support. I dont need to deal with the drama, sarcastic, belligerent, disrespectful responses/attitude when I have question about a product, even if the answer to my question has already been answered in 2,000 other posts on there. I signed up on NG and was immediately turned off to the entire site after reading a few threads
Yes you hit the nail on the head. That forum is ridiculous, it has pissed me off so many times now. They say the forum isn't for noob questions or whatever, but wtf is it for then? They keep saying to stay on topic but all they do is derail entire threads. I just can't believe they think a forum like that is a good place to promote/sell product..

I'm moving house atm, I need to have my recording setup ready by the time this appears, I think there will be a lot of interest.

I think it might be the same time as the Super NT? Fun busy times!

Still holding out hope for the Super NT with analog video that Christoph said might come out given enough interest.

Nice! I'm not really a twit sort of person so I miss stuff like this a lot. Very interested to see where this goes.

I also hope Hyperkin's thing will be fpga but I'm asking too much I think.

Still holding out hope for the Super NT with analog video that Christoph said might come out given enough interest.
Recent hype... https://twitter.com/analogue_co/status/951058317576626176
"...way for all Super Nt users to play on CRTs" All users?! would be nice if it's not a 2nd version, but an adapter or something.
I rather see analog build in the console instead of an external device.. the Ninbus 3000 or whatever it will be call better have analog build in:)

I think you will see a lot of people buy both just the nature of neo geo collecting/buying. Just like many people will get both the MVS and AES versions. Gotta have it all :)

if both products are good (like in this case), it's a customer decision.

I my case I value to have support forum where the customer or the prospects are not threatened and insulted.

I have enough drama at work, and with two kids at home, I'm simply too old to deal with other kids bullshit (but that's just me)

I looked into the NeoDS and liked what i saw, found i had to goto NG.Rot and was turned off, been kicked off in the past as a " noob " i posted i like the work that goes into making a boot cart!

Glad i did found you guys and more that glad i let the Rot set in and get me.

Funny how some NG.rot users won't speak up about you/your work incase they get moved to the" War Room "

Bet a few have orderd and won't speak about it.

It's a shame as gaming should come first.

Back