What's new
Krikzz for example as made different hardware revisions. I love his stuff and own most of them but it has gotten to the point I wait well after release before I buy a new cart from him just in case there is a change.

I own everything Darksoft has made and I cant think of any situation that required a completely new product. One they found a small bug and made sure to fix they few effected with a mod.

I am sure they tested the heck out of the MVS multi. Just makes common sense to wait to put out a second product just in case there is a tiny chance anything pops up. No one is perfect. I preordered with no hesitation because of the proven track record of support.

The only downside would be if any changes required a hardware revision. If it's just firmware changes, no big deal.
Even if that's the case, plenty of people can do simple to complex fixes. More eyes and hands on the project will only help.

DS products really have community support beyond their maker's. That's why the nay sayers comments are shrugged off.

The only downside would be if any changes required a hardware revision. If it's just firmware changes, no big deal.
Even if that's the case, plenty of people can do simple to complex fixes. More eyes and hands on the project will only help.
DS products really have community support beyond their maker's. That's why the nay sayers comments are shrugged off.
that's fine. I'm not badmouthing but as stated nobody is perfect and using krikzz as an example sometimes hardware revisions happen. To someone not familiar with the Darksoft products, hearing from the creator that a second version should be more polished than the one you just paid for could definitely be concerning.

Me personally, I don't worry too much about this kind of stuff. If a bug was found that did require a complex repair I hope that something would be possible for the early adopters. I understand where the earlier poster was coming from though.

I wasn't saying you're badmouthing ;)

I know, like me, you go to other sites and read a lot of things. (you've read where someone had a meltdown on Facebook about another person's project and I don't want an occurrence like that here)

That's why I've put a lot of emphasis on community for new and old members alike.

DS doesn't put out half assed work but problems do arise and are solved drama free.

Even if that's the case, plenty of people can do simple to complex fixes. More eyes and hands on the project will only help.DS products really have community support beyond their maker's. That's why the nay sayers comments are shrugged off.
that's fine. I'm not badmouthing but as stated nobody is perfect and using krikzz as an example sometimes hardware revisions happen. To someone not familiar with the Darksoft products, hearing from the creator that a second version should be more polished than the one you just paid for could definitely be concerning.
Me personally, I don't worry too much about this kind of stuff. If a bug was found that did require a complex repair I hope that something would be possible for the early adopters. I understand where the earlier poster was coming from though.
Speaking as someone who got a first run CPS2 multi (back before the NG drama even) with the sound crackle problem, yes there will absolutely be something available for early adopters if a bug is found that requires hardware repair. The level of support I've received is what makes me confident about buying everything that comes out of this place.

The cartridge has been extensively tested. We are confident that the hardware is final. If there is anything to fix it will rather be a firmware update.

Krikzz for example as made different hardware revisions. I love his stuff and own most of them but it has gotten to the point I wait well after release before I buy a new cart from him just in case there is a change.
I totally agree there and thats exactly where my comment came from.

I too love Krikzz work but I have like 4 revisions of his GB kart and 3 of his N64.
But I can accept that. Because they are like 60-100 bucks.

With a cart that costs like 450 bucks that would be a lot harder to accept.

I dont have any of Darksofts kits yet. But I bought the MVS and the ST-V in preorder and I am on the fence with the CPS2. (Not because I doubt the quality of the kit but mainly because I have not much of an emotional connection to the CPS2)

from all the kits that I made only cps2 had an update and it was because of the crackle fix. The rest of updates were bed functionalities introduced via a firm update while the hardware remain unchanged.

My intentions with neogeo are the same only that this time I've taken many more testers to make sure it's really so.

Imo the hardware is final and one can only expect updates via firmware to fix any bugs or add new functionalities :thumbup:

Even if that's the case, plenty of people can do simple to complex fixes. More eyes and hands on the project will only help.DS products really have community support beyond their maker's. That's why the nay sayers comments are shrugged off.
that's fine. I'm not badmouthing but as stated nobody is perfect and using krikzz as an example sometimes hardware revisions happen. To someone not familiar with the Darksoft products, hearing from the creator that a second version should be more polished than the one you just paid for could definitely be concerning.Me personally, I don't worry too much about this kind of stuff. If a bug was found that did require a complex repair I hope that something would be possible for the early adopters. I understand where the earlier poster was coming from though.
Speaking as someone who got a first run CPS2 multi (back before the NG drama even) with the sound crackle problem, yes there will absolutely be something available for early adopters if a bug is found that requires hardware repair. The level of support I've received is what makes me confident about buying everything that comes out of this place.
I had this problem with my CPS2 - the level of support - Mitsu told me to send it and he would fix it and send it back for free.. so I did.. but at that time, I did not know what and A and a B board were so I sent both.. I was charge a small shipping fee for sending both:)..you get nothing but great support here.

from all the kits that I made only cps2 had an update and it was because of the crackle fix
That ^!
Only the very first CPS2 kits needed the audio fix... And @Mitsurugi-w preformed this fix 100% for free if you sent the kit board to him.
Like @SNK-NEO-GEO I sent my entire CPS2 multicart to him, so I paid for shipping, this however was my choice (because I had a weakened pin I feared might snap if I removed it too many more times).

You know I actually sent my Kit to Mitsu twice, the first time for the audio fix and the second was for the key writer firmware (again because I didn't feel comfortable performing the reprogram myself). He's always offered great support at no charge (other than covering return shipping).

No other Darksoft product I've purchased needed any aftermarket fix beyond a simple firmware update.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since my soldering skills suck (imo), I've bought some of Mitsurugi-w's STV goodies and had him do the installs/updates.

CPS2 too.

No complaints about anything...even got some Walsdawg Arcade tokens! :D

Since my soldering skills suck (imo), I've bought some of Mitsurugi-w's STV goodies and had him do the installs/updates.

CPS2 too.

No complaints about anything...even got some Walsdawg Arcade tokens! :D
I am in the same situation. I have all the goodies for STV (LCD and reset wire) cps2 (key writing).
If someone close to Luxembourg has time and good soldering skills, let me know.
Otherwise I will contact @Mitsurugi-w

Back