What's new
cases are not new, as mentioned some months ago.. They are sandblasted (rejuvenated) original MVS cases.

The AES version will have its own new case (since Aldo has access to the molds)

cases are not new, as mentioned some months ago.. They are sandblasted (rejuvenated) original MVS cases.

Thanks, I've missed this information.
I saw some pictures of the housing few posts ago, and it was looking brand new to me, that's why I was surprised.
So it depends of the original state of the housing which is rejuvenated. Sandblast can not remove big scratches for sure.

I am so glad that these old cases are being reincarnated into awesome Darksoft multis.

I would much rather have an original shell with a few battle-born arcade scratches in it than a shinny new piece of plastic from China...

And look on the bright side, you don't have to worry about scratching it!

I think it makes the Darksoft Multi Neo Geo cart that much more authentic.

Cool ass stickers to boot!

:D

BAD JOKE ALERT !!!

"If I knew the cases were gonna be scratched when I got it new, they might as well have just shipped it from (REDACTED).com..."

BAD JOKE ALERT !!!

=O

Last edited:
Yeeesss, you made it real !
Thanks @Darksoft @Mitsurugi-w @SmokeMonster and all the people who made this dream alive :thumbsup:
Don't take my previous message on the housing as a criticism, I'm more than very happy (as usual) with this multi.
IMG_20180215_184633.jpg
IMG_20180215_190225.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20180215_184604.jpg
    IMG_20180215_184604.jpg
    252.2 KB · Views: 261
Oh yeah #339 will be welcomed with open arms. I might just break out the red carpet.

Has anyone made Darksoft MultiMVS Neo Geo artwork?

Maybe a mini marquee?

I will buy one printed or if you have the file that would be great!

Thanks!

:D

just need to get a nice shockbox insert (not that it's going to spend much time "boxed".

And now the real waiting game begins. My multi is now sitting at customs in NY. Anyone got a connection in customs to speed things up? 8o

yep, another possibility would have been to ship the MVS carts with an AES housing.. But that would have been sacrilege :)
Wouldn't fit. AES connectors are 2 * 50 pin, MVS are 2 * 60 pin due to the parallel C-ROM access vs serialised.

My order # is 607.. Guess it is a long way to be shipped...
I envy all of you guys who received already~

I am looking forward to getting mine and testing it out. I have 4 different types of MVS setups and a drawer full of about 20 dif brands sizes of sd cards to try out because of where I use to work. :)

My multi should be arriving tomorrow or Tuesday. I'll make a quick setup vid for darksoft and then do a live stream of it by myself and this coming weekend with a bigger group and then a live arcade test at I fix machine (live stream for all sessions)

Back