What's new
Got mine today, took a while to clean all the grey stuff off the cart. Anyone know what size screws go in the cart? I had one missing; no big deal but I'd like to have 4 in the shell.

1 big suggestion for shipping labels though, maybe don't put the email address and phone number on the outside?

We put all the possible data because if they didn't find you they can contact you

Sorry for the missing screw, it's very strange

it was just odd to see, especially in such a big font :p

No worries about the screw, I'm sure its like 2 cents, I just don't know the specifics . I'll just take one out and up to the home depot

Oh, how I have failed at life... haven't been around these parts in a while (life outside of pinball & arcades stole me away).
I totally missed the 1st batch! (post #49 in preorder interest thread).

I may have also missed how I can checkout on 'saveyourgames.it' to make my pre-order, cart is loaded, can't checkout. 8|

oh just wanted to say I just loaded the cart up and played some games and its FREAKING AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• 28908135_10214709457985938_478871056_n.jpg
    28908135_10214709457985938_478871056_n.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 198
Attention: CANADIAN CUSTOMS have rejected our shipment, at the moment two orders are refused and back to us.

We will contact the user of this order in the next days
Why would this happen? So strange. I hope EMS delivery solves this issue.

I haven't ordered the cart yet (waiting for round 2) but this seems odd considering that every other Darksoft purchase (that I have made) came through customs without issue (occasionally with a massive border tax charge) but rejections seem strange. Hopefully, it will be a solvable issue.

Hopefully they give you a letter or something explaining why :(

I assume you've shipped products to Canada before, have you had any issues previously?

Attention: CANADIAN CUSTOMS have rejected our shipment, at the moment two orders are refused and back to us.

Why would this happen? So strange. I hope EMS delivery solves this issue.
I haven't ordered the cart yet (waiting for round 2) but this seems odd considering that every other Darksoft purchase (that I have made) came through customs without issue (occasionally with a massive border tax charge) but rejections seem strange. Hopefully, it will be a solvable issue.
Can you please tell me what is the procedure in Canada? I am here for a couple of months so asked Aldo to send the items here - how exactly does the Border ask for tax? Payable by cash or a link where you pay online? And whats the rate in general the border tax? Thanks!

I was actually looking at purchasing a Blast City from Montreal about 10 years ago...

Thankfully I had the forethought to check with Canada border control/customs first.
I asked the guy, so if I buy this and drive it back down you will charge me tax on what I paid?
The security dude was like "well if its a handwritten receipt how do we know that's what it's actually worth" so I say "Ok then what happens" he says "Drive it down, we'll apprase it (aka on the spot decided how much we think its worth) and charge the appropriate tax."

Long story short I totally passed, not giving the Canadian border patrol free license to charge me whatever they feel like.
Their customs system is wacked IMO.

Just got my tracking number!! Probably still a couple of weeks away but starting to get excited haha. That'll teach me for leaving it to the last minute to put my order in.

Why would this happen? So strange. I hope EMS delivery solves this issue.I haven't ordered the cart yet (waiting for round 2) but this seems odd considering that every other Darksoft purchase (that I have made) came through customs without issue (occasionally with a massive border tax charge) but rejections seem strange. Hopefully, it will be a solvable issue.
Can you please tell me what is the procedure in Canada? I am here for a couple of months so asked Aldo to send the items here - how exactly does the Border ask for tax? Payable by cash or a link where you pay online? And whats the rate in general the border tax? Thanks!
Typically - instead of dropping off the package, Canada post will deliver a slip saying your package is available to be picked up by the next business day.

When you go to the post office to pick up your item they tell you the tax amount then and you pay it and they will release the package. The tax amount is based on the value in Canadian dollars...I believe...and then they add some ridiculous handling charge on top of that.

If it is FEDEX or another shipping company they sometimes pay the tax ahead time and then bill you by mail.

I was actually looking at purchasing a Blast City from Montreal about 10 years ago...

Thankfully I had the forethought to check with Canada border control/customs first.
I asked the guy, so if I buy this and drive it back down you will charge me tax on what I paid?
The security dude was like "well if its a handwritten receipt how do we know that's what it's actually worth" so I say "Ok then what happens" he says "Drive it down, we'll apprase it (aka on the spot decided how much we think its worth) and charge the appropriate tax."

Long story short I totally passed, not giving the Canadian border patrol free license to charge me whatever they feel like.
Their customs system is wacked IMO.
Why would Canada charge you tax if you were bringing out of the country into the US? It would be US customs that would charge US tax.

When leaving Canada, they would assume you paid tax on it when you purchased it in Montreal.

If you were bringing an arcade cabinet into Canada what you describe is correct but I've been told a kijiji post or forum post with the price is passable as a "receipt" but who knows...I think it depends on what the border guard feels like that day. I do know that they will call if you give them a number to discuss the sale.

And don't even get me started on US border guards...

Reactions: nem
Why would Canada charge you tax if you were bringing out of the country into the US? It would be US customs that would charge US tax.
this.

aren't you supposed to be able to get a refund on taxes paid when leaving the country? Isn't that whole point of the Duty free shops on the boarder?

Oh man, my #552 got the sweet shipping refund but didn’t ship. I went from the highest high to low instantly.

Thanks for all the hard work though. Great stuff seriously.

this.
aren't you supposed to be able to get a refund on taxes paid when leaving the country? Isn't that whole point of the Duty free shops on the boarder?
I wish I knew...I just know that everybody wants my money and most of the cool stuff I like is in the States or in Japan. I guess in Canada we have lots of fresh water. Yup - sweet, sweet fresh water. :)

Only 10 left?? Nice!! I'm really looking forward to receiving this! Thank you for your hard work :D

Back