What's new
Question - so I have been trying to follow this thread.. and understand how it works - is it SD Card based? I heard something about having to flash the cart.. so each time I want to change a game do I have to take the board out and flash it first or can they be all loaded and selected like a normal multicart?
You don't have to take the board out each time, but it's not like a "normal" flash cart (i.e. an everdrive) where you quickly load a rom from the SD.
You can have all your games on the SD and never take the cart and/or SD out. The multicart has 3 "internal" slots that can be flashed using an interactive menu on the Neo Geo itself using roms on the SD. Once flashed, you can quickly switch between these three games.

Locutus73

Thats a little better explanation.. Thanks.. whats the cost? I cant seem to find it in this thread.

I noticed you can purchase a memory card as one of the side options. Would the roms be pre-installed on it, or would we still have to do it ourselves?

I haven't been around for a while ... Any news on AES version???
somewere on the forum it was posted that will move quickly after the firmware update for the MVS is done (as that will also impact the AES' save feature)

I haven't been around for a while ... Any news on AES version???
somewere on the forum it was posted that will move quickly after the firmware update for the MVS is done (as that will also impact the AES' save feature)
Thanks for spoonfeeding. Just so much backlog to read through, haven't checked up here for a while. Thank you tho.

Any word on when that MVS update might be rolling out? or just send me to the relevant thread I'll read it up.

looks like the fix for the voltage issue is ready. I'll post about it as soon as other testers can confirm that it fixed the issue 100%. Finally!
Currently the solution to the problem with voltage requires a small modifciation on the cart, but most probably we'll manage to avoid that with a simple FPGA firm update. That's why it's taking longer to release the info....

Currently the solution to the problem with voltage requires a small modifciation on the cart, but most probably we'll manage to avoid that with a simple FPGA firm update. That's why it's taking longer to release the info....
In the rare event firmware update won't be enough and a hardware mod will be mandatory, what is your plan B?
1) Will you publish the hardware mod for DIY people?
2) Will you provide a hardware mod program shipping the boards back to you?
3) Will the next batch of boards be dispatched with the hardware mod preinstalled?

Many thanks in advance.
Best regards.

Locutus73

When I know I'll post about it. I see little sense on talking about Plan B or C if it won't be necessary. But answering your question to some extent, as we'll always have done, we'll provide the best possible way to make it so easy as possible to the users. It's IMHO a DIY for 90% of people, but still we only like happy endings...and yes... 3) is pretty obvious. 1) and 2) as well.

Back