What's new

kuze

Champion
Reaction score
Hey guys,

By popular request here is a hack for Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter which makes the secret characters much easier to select.

You select the secret characters by hitting start on one of the following normal characters:
  • Zangief -> Mech Zangief
  • Bison -> Shadow Charlie
  • Dhalsim -> US Agent
  • Sakura -> Sunburned Sakura
  • Blackheart -> Mephisto
  • Spiderman -> Armored Spider-Man
  • Omega Red -> Norimaro
The patches are made for the Avalaunch decrypted set (mshvsfj2dl.zip), so yes Norimaro is already unlocked by default.

However, seeing as there is no Avalaunch set for the US region I figured I would make the Norimaro toggle available in case you set the region flag to US. ( I haven't tested this yet, but lmk if you do. )

Once you have hit start and the new character is selected, you can just hit any attack button to choose their normal palette.

For alternate colors on the secret characters, hit LK+HK after you have selected them.

Flavors/instructions:
cps2multi-mvs.02.hidden_chars-xdelta.zip -> Apply to 'mvs.02' from 'mshvsfj2d' for use on CPS2 multi.
mshvsfj2dl-hidden-chars-xdeltas.zip -> Apply to '03patch.xdelta' to 'mvsjdl.03g' and '10patch.xdelta' to 'mvs.10b' from Avalaunch 'mshvsfj2dl.zip' for use on non-battery boards.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• marvel-vs-sf-hiddenchars.jpg
    marvel-vs-sf-hiddenchars.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 25,075
  • mshvsfj2dl-hidden-chars-xdeltas.zip
    675 bytes · Views: 1,239
  • cps2multi-mvs.02.hidden_chars-xdelta.zip
    462 bytes · Views: 1,026
Kuze, you beautiful great bastard.....if you ever come through DFW area, you let me know, and there's beer and some barbecue waiting for you.

Kuze, you beautiful great bastard.....if you ever come through DFW area, you let me know, and there's beer and some barbecue waiting for you.
Might take you up on that at some point! I'm always keeping an eye out on cabs in Texas.

If you ever come through ATX, lmk as well. :thumbup:

ATX, as in Austin? If so....shit man...you better come up this way some time...between Texas Pinball Festival, Lets Play Gaming Festival, Quakecon, and all the other video game stuff going on up here all the time, surely we can find some games!!!

Although I may not be able to beat your BBQ...as I don't think we have anyone that beats Franklins...Pecan Lodge and Hard8 are pretty solid. :D

ATX, as in Austin? If so....shit man...you better come up this way some time...between Texas Pinball Festival, Lets Play Gaming Festival, Quakecon, and all the other video game stuff going on up here all the time, surely we can find some games!!!

Although I may not be able to beat your BBQ...as I don't think we have anyone that beats Franklins...Pecan Lodge and Hard8 are pretty solid. :D
Yessir! Yup still haven't been to those, but Texas Pinball Festival and Quakecon at least I definitely need to check out at some point!

Austin has pretty good BBQ, but the best stuff is in Lockhart - it's not too far away. :thumbsup:

http://texaspinball.com/tpf/
Worth the trip...this is year 9 for me, and I'll probably have one of the candies, and maybe a pinball up there, plus volunteer time, etc. Get a pass before the 31st of Dec and its 45$ instead of 65$ at the door...for the whole weekend.

I need to make that BBQ crawl, but It's so hard getting past Roundrock donuts and Arcade UFO. :(

Hello people please forgive my noob question I’m fairly new to this hobby.. how do I the programming for the secret characters?
Thanks in advance
-BZ

Worth the trip...this is year 9 for me, and I'll probably have one of the candies, and maybe a pinball up there, plus volunteer time, etc. Get a pass before the 31st of Dec and its 45$ instead of 65$ at the door...for the whole weekend.

I need to make that BBQ crawl, but It's so hard getting past Roundrock donuts and Arcade UFO. :(
Nice, thanks for the heads up! I'll definitely see about coming up for that, will let you know.

I try to block Round Rock Donuts out of my mind, they are too damn good.

Hello people please forgive my noob question I’m fairly new to this hobby.. how do I the programming for the secret characters?
Thanks in advance
-BZ
How are you playing the game?

A) Using Darksoft's CPS2 multi hardware you would copy 'mvs.02' from the 'mshvsfj2d' folder on your SD card and apply the patch using xdelta UI.
B) If you are using a non-battery CPS2 board you would download 'mshvsfj2dl.zip' from cps2.avalaunch.net, then use the same xdelta UI tool and apply the patches using the instructions in the first post.

Aww thank you.. I have cps2 board but

Nice, thanks for the heads up! I'll definitely see about coming up for that, will let you know.
I try to block Round Rock Donuts out of my mind, they are too damn good.

Thanks in advance
-BZ
How are you playing the game?
A) Using Darksoft's CPS2 multi hardware you would copy 'mvs.02' from the 'mshvsfj2d' folder on your SD card and apply the patch using xdelta UI.
B) If you are using a non-battery CPS2 board you would download 'mshvsfj2dl.zip' from cps2.avalaunch.net, then use the same xdelta UI tool and apply the patches using the instructions in the first post.

ahh thAnk you, I have cps2 board but it’s still battery power, I don’t know anyone who does that... you would happend to know someone who can remove the battery off and make it so I don’t need to use the battery no more here on the forum, I’ll be glad to pay for the service ?
Thanks for the help

Aww thank you..I have cps2 board but it’s still battery power, I don’t know anyone who does that... you would happend to know someone who can remove the battery off and make it so I don’t need to use the battery no more here on the forum, I’ll be glad to pay for the service ?
Thanks for the help

Where are you located? Add your general area/country to your profile please. I'm sure someone near you can help with this.

You might create a separate thread in the wanted section too asking for a CPS2 phoenix service. Whoever does it can use the patched ROMs after removing your battery.

On a side note, I just 1CC'd this game using the patch and I was a bit surprised to see a special message congratulating me for beating the game with a secret character! Pretty cool.

Attachments

• IMG_20171127_180656.jpg
    IMG_20171127_180656.jpg
    694.7 KB · Views: 720
  • IMG_20171127_180651.jpg
    IMG_20171127_180651.jpg
    914.5 KB · Views: 620
  • IMG_20171127_180646.jpg
    IMG_20171127_180646.jpg
    881.9 KB · Views: 690
Aww thank you..I have cps2 board but it’s still battery power, I don’t know anyone who does that... you would happend to know someone who can remove the battery off and make it so I don’t need to use the battery no more here on the forum, I’ll be glad to pay for the service ?
Thanks for the help
Where are you located? Add your general area/country to your profile please. I'm sure someone near you can help with this.

You might create a separate thread in the wanted section too asking for a CPS2 phoenix service. Whoever does it can use the patched ROMs after removing your battery.

On a side note, I just 1CC'd this game using the patch and I was a bit surprised to see a special message congratulating me for beating the game with a secret character! Pretty cool.
Yeah, Capcom got pretty lazy when it came to the general design and ending sequence for these characters. I think all of them in Marvel vs SF got this type of ending. Likewise in Marvel vs Capcom for those secret characters with the exception of Shadow Lady and Roll I think.

Just tried this out on the multi, it worked great for me! I didn't even know this game had hidden characters, so this was totally cool. I'll do an update on the rompacks in the next week or two and will drop this in there. Thanks for working on it!

Back