What's new

nio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello,

I need the tool to flash Taito GNEt games (chd) to CF card.

I found one online, but its not working on windows 10.

Maybe somebody can help me, thanks.

Is there a way to run it in compatibility mode on Win 10?

I already tryed all possible combinations, its not starting. :-/

There is no need to use his app, you can just use dd to write the images to cards.

On Windows you could use something like WinHex to write the images. Just extract the raw images from the MAME chd files first.

Hello,

I need the tool to flash Taito GNEt games (chd) to CF card.

I found one online, but its not working on windows 10.

Maybe somebody can help me, thanks.
Had the same problem. Thought it was something else, but it is really just Windows compatibility. I am now running Windows 7 specifically for this tool :)

Last edited:
i don't think you will ever get it to work with 64 bit windows, no matter what compatibilty options you use.. the flasher program is simply a piece of shit. My recommendation is to throw it to the windows recycle bin (don't forget to purge it).

the good new is, that as mentiond befores, you don't need the flasher at all. Just use the extracthd option from "chdman" (it's distributed together with MAME) to decompress the chd image, and flash the resulting file with any program that can flash hd images to a card. I use "USB Image Tool" but any will work.

It works for me in Windows10 64bit and a USB3.0 writer, but it shuld even work in Linux.

Is there some trick to getting GoByRC and RCdeGo to boot? I install them, but it just ends up in a reboot cycle like they need a special i/o board or something. It's been a while, but I think "The Block Kuzushi" had that problem as well.

Is there some trick to getting GoByRC and RCdeGo to boot? I install them, but it just ends up in a reboot cycle like they need a special i/o board or something. It's been a while, but I think "The Block Kuzushi" had that problem as well.
I'm pretty sure neither will boot unless the dedicated "RC" Controller is plugged in. I'll let you know if I win the one I'm bidding on....

Did anyone here get it - I forgot about the clocks going back on Sunday so when I logged in lunchtime to put on a decent bid it had already finished (I'd only opened with 2000 YEN).

When you get it can you check what the controls are - I think they're just a pair of pots (probably 5K lin') - if they are I should be able to replicate the controller.

To setup the cards in windows you can use chdman that comes with mame. (Get the latest version as the commands changed at some point). I had to do this as my AV sotware didn't like the flasher tool.

You will need to use the command prompt (in administrator mode for Win7 and up)

Use diskpart to remove all the partitions on the disk, and find out the disk number of the drive.

Have chdman in the same folder as your CHDs and run this command

chdman extracthd -i gamename.chd -o \\.\physicaldrive2 -f

Where physicaldrive2 needs to be changed to match the disk number found in diskpart.

I was messing around with the gnet flasher on my Windows 10 64-bit machine, when I tried to use the Gnet flasher it failed as I expected it to. Out of curiosity I opened diskpart in a command window, opened disk management, selected the CF card, and used the clean command on the CF card. Tried the Gnet flasher again, it finished, stuck the CF card in, and the game loaded and works. So I brought the CF card back to the PC and tried it again using the same procedure, put a different game on it, and stuck the CF card in and had the game load and work yet again. Tried a third time with another game and it worked again.

So this seems to be a way to use the gnet flasher on a 64 bit Windows 10 machine.

Last edited:
Please can some of you share me the Gnet Flasher program? The website link (random arcade shit) is dead and i cannot find it elsewhere

Back