What's new

Darksoft

Staff member
Immortal
Reaction score
Hello!

I'm starting this new section with a conversion that many people will like. It's a conversion romset for System C2. It allows to convert almost any System C2 PCB, be it original or bootleg to work as Thunderforce AC, which is in my opinion the best game.

I have converted 4 System C2 sets that I had at home. If you like this conversion, the best you can do to support it, is getting one of these Pcb sets I have for sale:

Thunder Force AC

http://www.mediafire.com/file/0q04potsccabk3k/Thunderforce+AC+jap+patched.7z

Thanks!

Can’t wait to try it out, IMO also the only game on the platform worth playing :)

Never played Thunder Force on the MD, so I think I will enjoy this one!

Very cool.
looking at system16 it seems that most System C-2 games have an extra sound chip except for Bloxeed, Columns, and Columns II. Am I correct in assuming these would be bad conversion candidates because of this?

Given the price I'm seeing for most of these games what you're charging for your converted boards is very reasonable.

Very cool.
looking at system16 it seems that most System C-2 games have an extra sound chip except for Bloxeed, Columns, and Columns II. Am I correct in assuming these would be bad conversion candidates because of this?

Given the price I'm seeing for most of these games what you're charging for your converted boards is very reasonable.
believe it or not some people think is expensive ?(

I had a faulty TF-AC and if I remember correctly I swapped the chips to a Tanto-r PCB and it worked fine.

Typically there were several C2 pcb's on YAJ the other week and now I can't find any.

how hard is it to patch the tables?
i wouldnt mind seeing poyu poyu 1&2 done.

looking at mame, the roms are small, you could put 2-4games into a single set of roms with upper address line switching. :)
incidentally, cant you just put the bootleg roms onto another original pcb??

I wont patch any other game, but all the info is there if someone wants to carry on.

You could use bigger roms and a switch and you could have 2 or 4 games on one PCB.

The romset I posted should work both on original and bootlegs PCBs.

The patching is a bit challenging, I was struggling with a patch done earlier until I realized that the donor board had to be the same as the patch was developed on i.e. same protection chip.

So, does that mean that these patched roms will only work with a specific Donor Board or is this new patch "universal"?

i haven't tried with all types of bootlegs but the ones I tried worked flawless.

Avoid "Bloxeed, Columns & Columns II" as they may not work correctly - if you look at the PCB there are less chips on it - IC7 being the most important.

From memory I had to swap the jumper settings, IC24-IC27 + the roms from my broken TF-AC onto my Tanto-R PCB to get it working correctly.

Last edited:
There were a lot fewer chips also on some of the segasonic games as well and there are differing jumper layouts on some PCB revisions with no clear way to consolidate. Someone would probably have to do a lot more hacking and documenting to take the science experiment element out of C2 hacking.

Avoid "Bloxeed, Columns & Columns II" as they may not work correctly - if you look at the PCB there are less chips on it - IC7 being the most important.

From memory I had to swap the jumper settings, IC24-IC27 + the roms from my broken TF-AC onto my Tanto-R PCB to get it working correctly.
please post the settings that worked for you.

This hack is giving to the program all the answers it's expecting from security device. So if it doesn't work its rather an issue of jumpers or configuration, etc.

I just tried this on an original Tant-R board. It seems to run fine.

Well, except for one thing, but I think it's an issue with my board. Player 1 button 2 & 3 are the same. So when you press button 2 it activates both button 2 and 3. Same with button 3. Tant-R uses just button 1, so think it's a fault in my board.

Back