What's new

Solmin

Professional
Reaction score
Recently traded for this cabinet.
Was told it was very clean and went for it. I guess clean is a relative term but I am enjoying the process. Came with 2 Mak monitors. 1 NIB.
After I got it home, realized it was full of dust and grime. Looks also like a soda was spilled in it. No idea how long.
IMG_3246.JPG
IMG_3250.JPG
IMG_3245.JPG
I removed the classic capcom sticker off the bezel as I wanted to clean it up some.

Attachments

• IMG_3247.JPG
    IMG_3247.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 724
  • IMG_3251.JPG
    IMG_3251.JPG
    273.1 KB · Views: 857
Decided to use Zep Citrix cleaner/degreaser as it was cheaper than simple orangle and seemed to work fine. Buffed off most of the scuffs outside off and then proceeded to clean the interior. Will have more external pictures hopefully with curved monitor after this weekend.

I used some jb weld to fix 2 broken screw posts. Also removed the border that covered the original optional border and cleaned out stains from that.

It has a blast city labeled control panel but that looks brand new as it has a mirror like finish underneath
IMG_3288.JPG
img.jpg
IMG_3315.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3314.JPG
    IMG_3314.JPG
    124.9 KB · Views: 519
  • IMG_3316.JPG
    IMG_3316.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 361
Very nice man, I had a buddy who had one in storage when I lived in Houston. Nice looking cab, monitors work ok?

Enjoy!

Congrats on the trade.

Yeah dude, that cab is pretty clean. You should have seen the smoke/nicotine stains in 2 of my vewlix cabs, and cigarette ash, I have no idea how the ashes got where they were. I had to do a complete teardown and wash every single part multiple times.

Test both crts to see which one gives you the better picture and leave that on in the cab for now, even if you have the gap in the bezel.

Thanks! I cleaned it up some more. Pulled the monitor out and cleaned the PSU which was coated in dust and grime. Pulled lower monitor mount so I can pull these metal connector plates to clean under them as well. Once it's all apart it's a fairly simple thing. Good learning experience!

Attachments

• IMG_2899[1].jpg
    IMG_2899[1].jpg
    850.7 KB · Views: 399
  • IMG_3329.JPG
    IMG_3329.JPG
    835.7 KB · Views: 344
Nice catch Solmin, this is one a the cabs I'm searching for.
I love the design of this cab.

I'm not surprise by the dirt inside, almost all my cabs arrived like that.

What is the original combo of this cab? (screen and chassis)

And by what will you swap it?

@eathis It didn't have a game in it. I'm putting a multi cps2 in it. The monitor it arrived with is a trimode makvision. I'm hoping to find a curved monitor for it. Once that is done I think I'll be done with it I am going to contact a friend and see if I can get a metal enclosure made for the cps2 lcd.

This is the reason why I absolutely need a Capcom Impress, running my CPS1, CPS2 and CPS3 games :)
I run it on a NAC but Capcom games in a Capcom cab, this is really classy.
I'm also searching for a good SNK cab to made my MVS and HNG64 games running.

I recently buy a Namco Exceleena 2 to run my Namco System 246/256 and my other Namco games in 15Khz.

@Solmin : do you if this was the original combo of this cab?
First time I see a Makvision monitor on a japanese cab.

Don't hesitate to let us know wich combo you install on it, I wish you will bring this beauty to life soon :)

Decided I wanted to have Cab ready for Christmas and dropped off the defective MakVision off at local CRT repair shop. They found the problem and fixed it. Parts and labor was $100.
If you are in Houston area...these guys seem very fair. They charge $70/labor hour. I asked him to look at a PVM but he said he didn't have experience with it and didn't want to waste my money. Guess I'll try to fix PVM myself when I have more time.

New problem after fixing loose wiring. No Q sound or Jamma Sound to speakers. I was hoping no more issues but it is what it is.

Attachments

• IMG_3337[1].jpg
    IMG_3337[1].jpg
    869.2 KB · Views: 548
  • IMG_3336[1].jpg
    IMG_3336[1].jpg
    890.6 KB · Views: 702
Looking nice! Will you still need my help with a 15K for the bezel, or are you gonna run it that way permanently?

Regardless of that, I'd still pickup that other Makvision from you, with no issue.

I am really glad you will get to play it over Christmas, and am sorry I didn't have a more open schedule to help out!

I'd still like to get a 15k, I got the original MAK fixed cause I figured I can trade ya the NIB one. we'll sort it out after the holidays man.

It looks nice Solmin :) 100 USD is a good price for saving your original combo.
And that's certainly much easier to keep this one, you don't have to adapt a new monitor.

I never touch a Capcom Impress but I think fixing jamma sound to speakers is not a big deal. You already solve your biggest problem by fixing the monitor

Time to try to take it to next level. Getting harness redone so I figured might as well finish disassembly and repaint.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    54.9 KB · Views: 399
  • 2.png
    2.png
    68.8 KB · Views: 409
  • 3.png
    3.png
    68.2 KB · Views: 400
  • 4.png
    4.png