What's new
designed for kids. would be difficult to get two adults playing on one lol
Agreed, but what about a couple of them chained together with one player per machine? That is my thought. Would be great to have a bank of 4 all linked together with netbooting naomi 2's.

These are quite common in the UK here's the one I converted to a mini Neo Geo cab
Looks awesome :thumbsup: Thanks for the share.
Do you still have contact info for the control panel fabricator? I need to get a couple of metal plates made for this.
Those Panels were made by FrancoB, he does not make them anymore but he did release the CAD files for them to get some made locally

designed for kids. would be difficult to get two adults playing on one lol
Agreed, but what about a couple of them chained together with one player per machine? That is my thought. Would be great to have a bank of 4 all linked together with netbooting naomi 2's.
Have seen a couple of them wired up for vs mode
even one that had full jamma in each cab but could be joined by a cable using a socket at the bottom of each cab, perfect height for candy stools

These are quite common in the UK here's the one I converted to a mini Neo Geo cab
Looks awesome :thumbsup: Thanks for the share.Do you still have contact info for the control panel fabricator? I need to get a couple of metal plates made for this.
Those Panels were made by FrancoB, he does not make them anymore but he did release the CAD files for them to get some made locally
@FrancoB Any chance you can link me to those cad files for these panels? Would love to get some fabricated. Thanks in advance :)

Can you do me a favor and trace the wires from the connector at CN15 and see where they go? The manual says sound effects line out but it's separate from the stereo sound. I'm making a stereo adapter pcb for this system right now.
i think this got lost in the thread. You would be doing me a big favor. :)

Can you do me a favor and trace the wires from the connector at CN15 and see where they go? The manual says sound effects line out but it's separate from the stereo sound. I'm making a stereo adapter pcb for this system right now.
Let me check.

Sorry, CN15 is not connected/used in this cab.

IMG_8891.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_8892.JPG
    IMG_8892.JPG
    253.5 KB · Views: 260
So what are you doing with these pcbs? Since I might have a donor
We did some small testing for Metallic. Right now we can easily convert between Dino King and Tetris Giant. Since I don't have a cab I found my S-JIHP plugs right into it and I am currently making that adapter to easily get sound from the pcb.

So what are you doing with these pcbs? Since I might have a donor
We did some small testing for Metallic. Right now we can easily convert between Dino King and Tetris Giant. Since I don't have a cab I found my S-JIHP plugs right into it and I am currently making that adapter to easily get sound from the pcb.
Awesome! Sign me up for a kit of whatever you guys do :thumbsup: . That tetris giant makes me wish I had a projector.

Awesome! Sign me up for a kit of whatever you guys do . That tetris giant makes me wish I had a projector.
Hehe. It plays just fine on a regular size monitor with normal joysticks also. ;)

Looks awesome :thumbsup: Thanks for the share.Do you still have contact info for the control panel fabricator? I need to get a couple of metal plates made for this.
@FrancoB Any chance you can link me to those cad files for these panels? Would love to get some fabricated. Thanks in advance :)
I sent you a PM with some details bud.

I'm at the inlaws at the moment but once I'm home I'll get them uploaded for you along with some other files :thumbup:

Do you think that you will probably end up playing this little cab more than the others and leave your son watching when its all said and done? I couldnt help but playing it if I had one.

Seeing this is making me wonder if I should start my own thread for the NAC as well as a bit of a semi project showcase too. :)

Lol, he will probably want me to jump in, he doesnt like playing games alone. But yeah, I would probably play it a bit just because it has a crt and it just looks pretty awesome. But, its small and Im a pretty big to sit comfortably at it for too long.

Okay, I've designed a 1L7B Vewlix layout for you as requested and I've uploaded it to my Google drive page [here] along with the other layouts I've made previously in case anyone else wants them. The files are .dxfs which you'll need to get anything cut but I can save them as an .eps or whatever if you need it for graphics etc.

i-H8bZgfV-X2.png

The stud pattern featured is one I came up with that fits most of the popular joysticks/plates:

i-BQDXFLB.png

Seimitsu SE - Fits: LS-32/LS-32-01, LS-34/LS-34-01, LS-40/LS-40-01.
Seimitsu SE-P40 - Fits: LS-55/LS-55-01, LS-56/LS-56-01, LS-58/LS-58-01 and LS-60
Sanwa JLF-P-1 for the JLF

I've also uploaded my .dxf for the front screen plastic. I think you've got some on order with Finnster but I thought I would post here for reference sake in case anyone else searching for this finds it.

i-wmx95b5.png

I've also got some .ai templates of the side art, bezel art etc etc but I didn't make these files myself so I've asked the author if he minds me sharing them publicly. If I get the ok from him I'll upload them to the drive also.

Freaking awesome man, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! :love: :love: :love: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

This puts me way ahead, ordered the front plexi panels with Flinnster.

Now have control panel, so need to look where to get these lase cut.

A few questions:
What thickness should the panel be?
And for the self clinching studs for joystick, What size/type are they?
I figure if you have this info handy, it will save me a whole bunch of time

No problem bud, happy to help :)

I had mine laser cut from 1.5mm Stainless. You could probably go a bit thinner (1.2mm or so) if needs be as they are only a fairly small panel. 1mm is the minimum thickness for using small dia self clinch studs.

I used M4 x 12mm self clinch studs. If you're using SS then you need to make sure whoever is making them for you uses studs suitable for SS. See page FH5 [here] for more info.

Back