What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.

sammargh

Professional
Reaction score
So I have successfully cloned the drive my Puzzles & Dragons came with and the cloned drive can boot the data properly with dongle as if it were the original kit. Are there people interested in a guide on how to do this to archive their personal X3 games or do the other people who own them already have this figured out? Please note this doesn't enable the ability to play dumped games or unlock the system for anything, it's strictly just to get the software on a new drive. The drive my system came with was already ticking so I wanted a good image/new drive so that the system didn't become a gigantic paper weight.

@Mitsurugi-w may or may not agree. This very thing was one of my first questions here and the post was deleted due to possible legal issues

@Mitsurugi-w may or may not agree. This very thing was one of my first questions here and the post was deleted due to possible legal issues
Sammargh said it still required the dongle, so it's really just backing up for backing up's sake, yeah?

Plus, I thought P&D servers are shut down at this point, aren't they?

@PascalP unfortunately for the steps involved you need a western digital hd and I don’t think they make ssds.

However I’ll wait to hear what @Mitsurugi-w says

This stuff is very new and could help people clone intellectual property of Taito or newer games that are still business for them. Don't post anything until @Mitsurugi-w and I come with a final position.

Thanks.

Is pretty easy to hack the X3 and extract HD password,

Just get a SerialTek Bus Xpert Pro 12Gbits Sata Analyzer and conneect to the SATA HD of the X3.

j2Tpdwr.jpg

I've just purchased a Ultra street-fighter & dongle from YAJ and definitely want to make a backup of the HDD as I suspect it's had quite a hammering in a Japanese arcade already.

Like Darksoft said and we have said in other threads this method can be used in hacking newer games and systems so we want to keep it pretty quiet and not public. You can already find most info by searching Xbox HDD cloning online. If you want to help each other via PM, go ahead. Just not in the open forums. Sorry guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back