What's new

CoinFeeder

Professional
Reaction score
Basically a copy of my post at the aussiearcade.com forums, but hoping that somebody here might have another idea before I get my hands on a new, grey A board:

I recently acquired a used CPS A+B combo with Xmen vs. SF. I worked great for a couple of hours but then crashed (garbled video output) on Day 2 while playing. When I turned on the arcade the next day I was greeted (quite literally as you may notice
emoji39.png
) by some garbled output on the screen.

From what I read this will likely NOT a suicide situation, as the board doesn't show a solid coloured screen but garbled gfx output.

I gave the the edge connector (using a pencil eraser), as well as both boards a good clean again. I also reseated them one more time. No luck =( As I already tried the setup on another cabinet (where it used to work as well), it doesn't seem that +5V is the issue.

While I haven't received another A board yet, I checked the actual voltage coming from the PSU it was connected to when it suddenly stopped failing on Day 2. It was 5.4V and 12.1V... So maybe that was a little bit too much? I should have checked that when I received the arcade a few weeks back. Lesson learned... :# I now corrected the voltage to be 5.1V and 12.1V..

All measurements were done while another board was connected (RPi3 + RaspberryJAMMA) and running a game... So yeah, during load
wink.gif

Any suggestions how to fix this myself are welcome. Otherwise it would be awesome to know if there's somebody that has a great track-record on troubleshooting and fixing CPS2 boards. I'm located in Sydney but would certainly pay for the repair incl. shipping both ways.

Cheers,

mtn

Attachments

• IMG_0114.jpg
    IMG_0114.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 332
5.4V measured at the PSU side shouldn't hurt anything, since it would read lower on the jamma edge (CPS2 draws a lot of juice). 5.1v would be a little low on my PSU if I wanted the CPS2 to have 5.0v exactly. That said, it doesn't sound like a voltage issue.

Yeh believe or not. I have to run my cps2 psu at 5.7v and 12.8v because I have other devices drawing off of it. So it sounds like you have what you need for power. Especially considering you are getting a garbled screen. I'm curious, some times when I owned a cps3 it would show a garbled screen so I would increase my voltage slightly and it would work.

May I ask what it is plugged into? Cab? Supergun? Are you using USB Undamn?

Overall, it may have just took a crap on you. Have you check the battery's voltage level?

Back