What's new

Hackcell

Grand Master
Reaction score
Hello,

Quite noob-sih question... Is it possible to upload Naomi2 GD ROM based (4,7GB) games to CF cards and have it working?
If the answer is yes, what software do I need to do so?

Thanks!

Generally easiest to just grab a netboot image and prepare the card unless you have an undumped game. I don't remember the name of the tool to flash the compact flash cards though.

Yeah, it is. You'll need:
  • Dimm with the firmware upgraded to 4.02 w/a NULL Pic burned for CF boot, or a
    • NetDimm with firmware upgraded to 4.02 w/a NULL Pic burned for CF boot
  • A Naomi CF Reader
  • Most of the games have been decrypted already to work with CF booting. They used to be available from Neo Arcade, but not any longer
  • NaomiCF v1.34 to burn the games to CF
You can also NetBoot, but you'll need a NetDimm for that.

Yeah, it is. You'll need:
  • 1 Dimm with the firmware upgraded to 4.02 w/a NULL Pic burned for CF boot, or aNetDimm with firmware upgraded to 4.02 w/a NULL Pic burned for CF boot
  • 2 A Naomi CF Reader
  • 3 Most of the games have been decrypted already to work with CF booting. They used to be available from Neo Arcade, but not any longer
  • 4 NaomiCF v1.34 to burn the games to CF
You can also NetBoot, but you'll need a NetDimm for that.
1 - Got it.
2 - Got the Sega CF-Box.
3 - What I do have looks like:
game xxxx.gdi
track01.bin
track02.raw
track03.bin
4 - Need to look for it.

What game are you looking for?

EDIT: The decrypted dumps are just in *.bin format. I think you might have the raw MAME dumps.

You'll need a Japanese BIOS or a multi-region BIOS to play SFZ3 Upper. You can get the latest found version of CvS2 here on this website courtesy of Darksoft.

EDIT: Looks like Gakman has uploaded all the decrypted dumps. The link is on the bottom of the first post on the page I linked above.

Last edited:
What game are you looking for?

EDIT: The decrypted dumps are just in *.bin format. I think you might have the raw MAME dumps.
Indeed, that's what I do have, the MAME files.

I have a special version of SFZ3U I've prepared to work with Export BIOS (or perhaps every BIOS, can't remember). Look at my Mega, must be the "zip" I think.
You have another repository in my Mega, named "tools". You'll find here NaomiCF 1.44, patched.

This thread list all filenames : Naomi & Chihiro & Triforce ROMs versions .

I have a special version of SFZ3U I've prepared to work with Export BIOS (or perhaps every BIOS, can't remember). Look at my Mega, must be the "zip" I think.
You have another repository in my Mega, named "tools". You'll find here NaomiCF 1.44, patched.

This thread list all filenames : Naomi & Chihiro & Triforce ROMs versions .
Any difference between NaomiCF v1.44 and v1.34? Is that nag screen completely removed?

Never seen any difference. Perhaps just a fix, don't know.

Back