What's new

dos

Champion
Reaction score
I got a NAC recently, and changed the two prong power cord to a 3 prong US grounded one. The cab showed up with all the ground wires inside the control panel disconnected, after reconnecting them I noticed a wavy interference on the monitor. The interference only shows up when the wire connected to this screw is grounded (not my pic):

jH5F2zD.jpg

So right now I have everything grounded except for that one line. Any ideas if the interference can be fixed while still keeping everything grounded? If not, is it safe to leave this part floating?

COULD be PSU related, had some similar issues with my Cyberlead, after replacing the PSU it was gone.
Also I’ve seen similar issues with a Naomi powered by a cheap ATX PSU.

COULD be PSU related, had some similar issues with my Cyberlead, after replacing the PSU it was gone.
Also I’ve seen similar issues with a Naomi powered by a cheap ATX PSU.
I did notice the -5V line on the PSU is completely dead, it's a 400-5198-01 if that makes a difference. Maybe I'll recap it and see what happens.

I've solved this issue more than once before on American cabs by bridging Common and Field on the PSU. They seem to not be connected for whatever reason. However since ACs shipped from the factory without field ground, I haven't bothered converting to 3-prong. I figure their engineers know more than me.

I've solved this issue more than once before on American cabs by bridging Common and Field on the PSU. They seem to not be connected for whatever reason. However since ACs shipped from the factory without field ground, I haven't bothered converting to 3-prong. I figure their engineers know more than me.
Huh? I'm pretty sure there is field ground, just that in Japan instead of the third prong on the cord you run a wire from the ground screw on the back panel to a grounded outlet

5iiEMxu.jpg

Switching to a 3 prong cable just means you can omit this step but these machines are still designed to be grounded

ok. Never knew. Been running mine for years without.
I would as well, I mean I run other Japanese electronics ungrounded and don't have trouble but I was getting shocked by metal parts on my NAC and grounding eliminated this.

Have you tried using a ferrite ring anywhere along the way? This is just a super guess, but interference has to be coming from somewhere once it's hooked up. Not super sure how those work to block it.

Back