What's new
Hello Apocalypse,

A lot of thanks for releasing your work on C, C2 system :)

Si tu as besoin d'un testeur pour la multi que tu prépares, je veux bien essayer ;)
Si tu peut me mettre sur la file d'attente pour l'acheter par la même occase stp ;)

Bonne journée et @+ ;)

@Bonky
Hey,
You've been added to the list. :)
The multi kit is already ready and first batch has been sold.
People from the first batch have agreed to report any bug so they will be fixed for the second batch.

I've myself played to the end or extensively tested the following games:
- Bloxeed (System C)
- Columns (System C)
- Columns II (System C)
- Ichidant-R (System C2)
- Puyo Puyo (System C2)
- Puyo Puyo 2 (System C2)
- Ribbit! (System C2)
- Stack Columns (System C2)
- Tant-R (System C2)
- Thunder Force AC (System C2)
- Twin Squash (original rotary stick version) (System C2)
- Twin Squash (joystick hack) (System C2)
- Zunzunkyou no yabou (System C2)

The following games need more testing:
- Borench (System C2)
- Poto Poto (System C2)

Last edited by a moderator:
For what it's worth, Puyo Puyo 2's copy protection only does a few things. What you must watch for is if it disables the Sousai system (garbage), and if it halts at the end of the round, not showing the other character.

With my patch I have cleared the whole game many times without issues. I can try yours to clear it if you'd like, but if you are able to even beat one round successfully and the Sousai system works correctly, then you do not have anything more to worry about.

The game runs the check against the Altera device, but it also checksums that routine.

I wrote about some of them here: https://tcrf.net/Puyo_Puyo_Tsuu_(Arcade)

For what it's worth, Puyo Puyo 2's copy protection only does a few things. What you must watch for is if it disables the Sousai system (garbage), and if it halts at the end of the round, not showing the other character.

With my patch I have cleared the whole game many times without issues. I can try yours to clear it if you'd like, but if you are able to even beat one round successfully and the Sousai system works correctly, then you do not have anything more to worry about.

The game runs the check against the Altera device, but it also checksums that routine.

I wrote about some of them here: https://tcrf.net/Puyo_Puyo_Tsuu_(Arcade)
Thanks for the info. I took some time to play it and can confirm the hack works.

Regarding the games needing more testing:

- Borench (System C2) => didn't find any protection
- Poto Poto (System C2) => game hangs during the intro and get stuck on the character's face (blowing a kiss?), not sure if there's more protection

[EDIT]
Found a freeplay bug in Columns II: link updated

Last edited by a moderator:
So can Borench be installed on a Columns PCB without any hackery? It's a tough game but I like it and wouldn't mind having it in my collection.

So can Borench be installed on a Columns PCB without any hackery? It's a tough game but I like it and wouldn't mind having it in my collection.
Borench, Columns and Columns II are System C games and can be swapped without any wire hackery.

Awesome, thanks! Probably a stupid question as I think you answered it already but I thought I'd double check before I waste the time and money if I misunderstood.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot Apocalypse for these conversions.
I was looking to play Zunzunkyou no Yabou on my C2 board and glad to enjoy it now on real hardware. :)

do you have the default dip-switch settings for each game?

As when I swapped the roms etc from a faulty TFAC pcb to a working tanto-r I had to change the jumpers to get it work.

As when I swapped the roms etc from a faulty TFAC pcb to a working tanto-r I had to change the jumpers to get it work.
Just google them.
All I now is all games boot with all dipswitches set to off.

You're talking about two different things, dipswitches and jumpers.
Surely jumpers have to be moved between games due to different ROMs size.
The multi kit however requires the jumpers to be set for the biggest capacity (just like the multi CPS2).

Just google them.All I now is all games boot with all dipswitches set to off.

You're talking about two different things, dipswitches and jumpers.
Surely jumpers have to be moved between games due to different ROMs size.
The multi kit however requires the jumpers to be set for the biggest capacity (just like the multi CPS2).
Dips I leave all off.

Sorry I meant the two sets of Jumpers.

JP1-10 & JP17-20.

I have three PCB's (Puyo, Stack columns, Tanto-r) and three different Jumper configs. Tanto-R I want to convert to TFAC but cannot remember the jumper settings from my old TFAC PCB.

Ok here's another dumb question: Does anyone know how to set the jumpers on a Columns board for larger EPROMs like a 27c2001, 27c020 or 27c2048?

Turns out of course the EPROMs used for Columns are smaller than those of Borench, and I can't seem to find info on this board's jumper settings anywhere.

Ok here's another dumb question: Does anyone know how to set the jumpers on a Columns board for larger EPROMs like a 27c2001, 27c020 or 27c2048?

Turns out of course the EPROMs used for Columns are smaller than those of Borench, and I can't seem to find info on this board's jumper settings anywhere.
Not sure for 256kb EPROMs but System C doesn't support 512kb EPROMs unless you do some wire hackery. That's one of the reasons the multi kit isn't compatible with System C motherboards (only System C2).
The other one being missing parts needed for samples playing.

can bloxeed be converted to puyo puyo 2?

Bloxeed is System C, Puyo Puyo 2 is System C2 so short answer is NO.

Long answer is yes, IF:
1) you install the missing parts on your C board (sample part)
2) you do some wire hackery to support bigger ROMs
If you don't care about samples then only 2) is necessary.

Bloxeed is System C, Puyo Puyo 2 is System C2 so short answer is NO.
Long answer is yes, IF:
1) you install the missing parts on your C board (sample part)
2) you do some wire hackery to support bigger ROMs
If you don't care about samples then only 2) is necessary.
is there a guide on how to make it support bigger roms? are the samples audio samples?

Back