What's new

TylerDurden67

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Today, I received a parcel from my friend Vintage Geek with the following message

"Here a gift pcb Pang!
Kisses

ps: the pcb does not work "

Well, at first glance, it lacked a component 14B.
Luckily, it's marked above: 93C46

It is a small Erasable EPROM like ER5911 on a lot of Konami pcb, which is used to save the settings and more.

Luckily, I had one.Quickly solderer and a beautiful blue boot screen.
I check the battery: died.
Oh yeah, pcb pre-cps1 already famous battery system. Well, let's phoenix it.

I will not dwell on the procedure, everything HERE with the set it takes.

good, one boot and ......

tada !!

imgp0210.jpg

"RAM ERROR"

Name of a blowjob!
will find that now.

near the Kabuki (Z80 processor customized) is a RAM among many others, a Toshiba TC5563APL-15 (has your wishes), which after being unsoldered and tested Wellon, well proves faulty.

I look in my lists to equivalently (because the small Chinese Ebay is closed, and wait 25 working days to 1 RAM and shipping costs that will also do bad, it's good!)

my equivalent are, how to say ...
imgp0212.jpg

... a little problem with weight (she is not to blame the poor, she was born like that!)

Luckily, I found a corresponding on the pcb: NEC D4364CX-15L: XD:

oh yeah but if I removed,how i do now?
And this is where the great Sioux cunning as a monkey surfaced.
Looking out the pcb, at the RAMS, there are various locations for different types of RAM

imgp0211.jpg

and well we will use one! :evil:

I installed directly on support, so one day she decided to commit suicide ...
imgp0213.jpg

... and I recovered the old to put also on a support (if it is not she who fails, it will make me shit to again desolder it)
Note the phoenix here
imgp0216.jpg

I also took the opportunity to put others on RAMS support in case
imgp0215.jpg

That one, she take it bad a bit (I called Bernadette Soubirou)
It works so it's ok ...
imgp0217.jpg

Ok let's go, let's boot again!

imgp0218.jpg
imgp0219.jpg
fuuuu-10.png

Your mother sucks :evil: , <X and :S in hell, its not possible !!!

After having checked the eproms, it turns out that my version was a Pang, the phoenix that I have done is a Pomping World (it is the same game, right between these three names, except Pomping me [b ] *%? * [/b] your race pcb that will not be resurrected is the Japanese version)
I frankly not the courage to remake the phoenix, then after checked diffences between Version , I decided to reschedule the 2 eproms the Jap version 2 and 3
imgp0220.jpg

(note anyway mess in the labels of EPROM and this original!)

go broom brothel in shit, you on boot

imgp0221.jpg
imgp0222.jpg

63392110.jpg

This is better but still not working 100%

Stay tuned to part two

Thanks for the ping.

I have piles of 27C512s, I would have to looks for 27C020 or equivalent. It's likely I have them though.

Can anyone help me diagnose an issue I'm having.

So I've removed the battery which was starting to leak (no damage to the board) green gunk barely starting for form around the battery edge, battery read a measly 1.2v.

I installed the 2 roms burned and provided by my good friend here @skate323k137

I've tried to run the board without any Kabuki leg being pulled out (just installed the new roms @ 11H and 13H

I've pulled out pin 27
Pulled out pin 28 (putting pin 27 back) vice versa

All leading to a solid light blue screen. Anyone know what the actual fix is?

Do I have to clip R33??
I'm not sure I'm understanding the fix at this point. Any help is appreciated.

How is this 3 fixes ?

And here's the result, a complete functional unencrypted romset of Pang, click to download.

What this means is you can get back to life your suicided Pang games by simply burning new code on the existing roms and not having to use new eprom pieces, wiring or hacking your board.

The only requirement besides burning the new code is that you leave Kabuki's pin 28 hanging outside of the cpu socket unconnected (ignore this if your board is already desuicided and no power is being supplied to pin 28 )

Well, it depends on the rom set he's using.

@skate323k137, is it the 'unecrypted' set you sent him?

Also, it's a Pang board, right? Not Super Pang?

Ummmm....mine is Buster Bros 🤦
Not sure how I overlooked this.

How is this 3 fixes ?

And here's the result, a complete functional unencrypted romset of Pang, click to download.

What this means is you can get back to life your suicided Pang games by simply burning new code on the existing roms and not having to use new eprom pieces, wiring or hacking your board.

The only requirement besides burning the new code is that you leave Kabuki's pin 28 hanging outside of the cpu socket unconnected (ignore this if your board is already desuicided and no power is being supplied to pin 28 )

I'm using the unencrypted roms @skate323k137 burned for me. I tried lifting either or pins 27 or 28 and same result either way: blue screen

You don't have to lift anything if you removed the battery.

Ummmm....mine is Buster Bros 🤦
Not sure how I overlooked this.

Buster Bros should work, but you will have garbled graphics. The graphics roms are different for Pang and Buster Bros.

Maybe your board is faulty in some way?

sent you a PM
This is very very interesting read. I also have get hold of pcb board of Pang, not superpang or else, just pang pcb. I tried to find "arcade collecting site" but it seems that the account been suspended or something. And i also get stuck on Eduardo Cruz download link, you have to log in but then nothing happens, i dont know what to do now, do you know were to find this two unencrypted files ?

I've did the wirering thing on my Superpang pcb for a year and that worked very nice, and got the 3 files for Superpang on arcade collecting site. Now the account seems suspended and i cant get hold of this two unencrypted files for my Pang Pcb.

This is very very interesting read. I also have get hold of pcb board of Pang, not superpang or else, just pang pcb. I tried to find "arcade collecting site" but it seems that the account been suspended or something. And i also get stuck on Eduardo Cruz download link, you have to log in but then nothing happens, i dont know what to do now, do you know were to find this two unencrypted files ?

I've did the wirering thing on my Superpang pcb for a year and that worked very nice, and got the 3 files for Superpang on arcade collecting site. Now the account seems suspended and i cant get hold of this two unencrypted files for my Pang Pcb.
It doesn't look like he's updated his site in at least a couple years... I'll mirror them until/unless told otherwise. Here:

http://neohyphengeo.com/pang_fix_roms.ZIP

I don't have an SSL on that site so if your browser is difficult about downloading files on plain HTTP, do the needful. In Chrome this may be pasting the URL in a new tab or right clicking to download and dismissing the warning(s) that the file can't be download "securely."

Back