What's new
Ken from irepairsega says that fixing a Naomi is about $95. Buying a working Naomi is about $55. So shelving the fixing idea for a bit. Working on getting the working Naomi's I do have up and running.

I did manage to resurrect one of my dead Naomi's with a good cleaning. Check here for the details.

Ken from irepairsega says that fixing a Naomi is about $95. Buying a working Naomi is about $55. So shelving the fixing idea for a bit. Working on getting the working Naomi's I do have up and running.

I did manage to resurrect one of my dead Naomi's with a good cleaning. Check here for the details.
In that case doesn't make sense. However I got some PCBs repaired by him and I highly recommend him. Quick, professional and knows his stuff. A++

I have to convince him and take him to Poland :)

In that case doesn't make sense. However I got some PCBs repaired by him and I highly recommend him. Quick, professional and knows his stuff. A++
I have to convince him and take him to Poland :)
Won't take much convincing, Polish women are hot. You lucky bastard Darksoft-ie!!

In that case doesn't make sense. However I got some PCBs repaired by him and I highly recommend him. Quick, professional and knows his stuff. A++I have to convince him and take him to Poland :)
Won't take much convincing, Polish women are hot. You lucky bastard Darksoft-ie!!
Why you think I came here? For the food?

Any luck with the supercap replacement?
To answer your question directly, too many projects right now. Will try my hand at replacing the supercap sometime soon and report back then.

hy guys!

i have a leaking Super cap inside my naomi 2.
it suddenly did only Show black Screen.
i removed it and cleaned....the cap is hard to get with the desired value...the question now is if is possible to run without the cap. or use a highter value.. for example 1f or 0,22 f instead the 0,1 f.

thank you very much

Run it without the cap. That cap seems to be an appendix. You'll be fine.

Run it without the cap. That cap seems to be an appendix. You'll be fine.
Thank you. i will try that.
hope the naomi will Show Picture and Sound again.

what was the use of it anyway...supporting the 3v battery cell in saving the Settings?

It allows replacement of the battery without the system losing it's settings.

It allows replacement of the battery without the system losing it's settings.
Great!

Thank you very much.

So it would also be possible to take a highter spec also (1f) if i want use it still for that purpose.

I just tried to run the system. Still no picture. Network seems to run though. All fans blow and the two led on the mainboard light up. Anybody a idea what I could do?
What value should the r83 nearby have. Perhaps I need to check this one

Thanks

If that is the case, the supercap leak did damage to your board. Probably looking at some trace repair because the board will run without the supercap.

I got this naomi 2 via ebay and the IC110 was lose, just as you show it. I can't make this thing work. I was wondering if will you check it/repair it?
Of course, by getting paid for it :)

If that is the case, the supercap leak did damage to your board. Probably looking at some trace repair because the board will run without the supercap.
thanks.

there is no visible sign of corruption on the board....

damn.. i think i will have to buy a ne Motherboard... somebody a spare one for sale?

by the way what are These BGA the People are talking about on the Internet. in relation to naomi 2 problems

is there anyone around who can repair that naomi stuff?

thanks

Back