What's new

tom5151

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I think I've broken something in my TTX2 :(

I wanted to change fans, so I've first unscrewed everything and removed dust from everywhere (with a fine brush).
Then I've tried to check if everything was still working, but unfortunately, the screen stays black (no signal).
All the fans are working (psu, gpu and cpu), and I've checked the GPU on another computer and it's working.

So I'm wondering what can be the problem ?
For information, I didn't touch the CPU, I've just removed dust from its fan.

Did you touch the dip switches at all? Make sure dip #2 is off. Re-seat the I/O PCI card.

@jugu
I didn't touch the dip switches. 1 and 5 are switched off, the others are on.
I don't have any fast io card. I just have a small card (with dip switches / rj45 and usb) plugged with 3 wires, and it looks good

@Niko
No any sound from pc speaker when starting.
But if I remove the memory, it's beeping.

I found through some maintenance that the ram slot closest to the GPU was faulty on mine while the other one works. Try booting with only 1 inserted in each slot and also after you hear the beep try hitting the post on the io card to make the X2 reboot and see if it does. Should beep again.

I found through some maintenance that the ram slot closest to the GPU was faulty on mine while the other one works. Try booting with only 1 inserted in each slot and also after you hear the beep try hitting the post on the io card to make the X2 reboot and see if it does. Should beep again.
I have 2 TTX2 boards that are stuck on the black screen. 1 beeps like an error signal and the other just repeatedly cycles the Fans like there is is a processor fault. I did all my previous testing using 2 Ram modules however. I wonder if I should try them again using just one ram slot at a time. I have also tried with known working replacement processors. I got extremely frustrated fault finding on these. I tested everything and all parts worked in a generic Mobo. So I have assumed the TTX2 mobo's to be dead. I will unhappily try this and see if its just a Ram slot. I guess there is always the option of paying someone to test them but there is a lack of expertise locally in NZ to get this done. They are a bit of a sore point.....

Back