What's new
This platform is a lot harder sell than the other multi's so far. Usually for me Interesting Puzzle games are my biggest draw followed by shmups and fighting games. I'm not a huge beat-em up fan either and that seems to be the real draw of the CPS1

But I do have CPS2 and CPS3 multis so I gotta complete the set :)

As long as it's reasonably priced I'd be in for one.

Having a CPS1 multi would allow me to downsize the collection
Yea this big time, I've got a few real CPS1 boards and even more SF2CE conversion boards.
One multi would allow me to sell 'em all except the one I needed.
I'm not a huge beat-em up fan either and that seems to be the real draw of the CPS1
People often refer to the CPS1 as a beat'em up system, and while that is mostly true...

It had some real nice platformers like Nemo, Strider, Ghouls'n Ghosts and Mega Twins.
It also had some excellent shooters like 1944, Area 88, Mercs and Forgotten Worlds (granted I'm not big with tate games).

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be getting one of these, too

I'll need to buy the PCB too

I would love to see a CPS1 multi

I would also happily contribute to a fund to get the CPS1 A custom reproduced :) I have 6 failed A boards right now (2 Dash, 1 long, 3 short)

I would also happily contribute to a fund to get the CPS1 A custom reproduced
I thought you could use customs off a CPS2 A board to repair a CPS1.
That's what I've heard as well. Doesn't solve the problem though, just creates more dead CPS2 A boards, and eventually CPS2 will be in the same boat as CPS1.

I'll definitely buy at least one, may be two...

If the design includes support for the CPS1.5 games (Punisher, C&D specifically) that would be awesome! By CPS1.5 games, I'm not referring to the crappy bootleg ROM hacks but the originals. But of course that would bring Q-Sound support into the picture which I don't know if that can be implemented easily.

I would also happily contribute to a fund to get the CPS1 A custom reproduced :) I have 6 failed A boards right now (2 Dash, 1 long, 3 short)
One of the most needed repair items in arcade game history, I'd say :( I'd pitch in for this too. I have a banana box full of dead CPS1 boards that would love some A PPUs.

And yeah I revived one A board and one C board at the expense of a CPS2 board but I really don't feel good about it at all :(

You know it's a shame aje_fr has stopped making them.
I mean he did all the work and got something working well with any C board donor.
Maybe you should contact him, it would be such a waste of time starting a new project from scratch.
Let's dream of an accord where you would use his work and give him some money in return for each unit sold.

Back