What's new

SmokeMonster

Champion
Reaction score
Is there anyone in the US who can dump an STV cart? I know someone with the English All Japan Pro-Wrestling Featuring Virtua. Requires the Taiwanese bios, but hopefully someone can take care of that after it's dumped?

Please PM me if you know a respected/known dumper who could do this for us and I'll put them in contact with my lead.

Just to whet your appetites a little :D

3UH9mNVZ.jpg

R9l9spEb.jpg

OK, so All Japan Wrestling (English) is the only undumped game he has. The other two are in MAME but aren't on the multi (he's still sending them all in to be dumped though just in case they're different revisions).

Can we get those converted? @Darksoft

The Japanese Tant-R is also in MAME but not on the multi.

Also, since AJW requires the Taiwanese bios, is there a way to play it on the multi?

Last edited:
OK, so All Japan Wrestling (English) is the only undumped game he has. The other two are in MAME but aren't on the multi (he's still sending them all in to be dumped though just in case they're different revisions).

Also, since AJW requires the Taiwanese bios, is there a way to play it on the multi?
iirc you can select Taiwan with the modbios

Nope...US..Europe..and Japan only. Unless you have a newer multi-bios I don't ;)

Nope...US..Europe..and Japan only. Unless you have a newer multi-bios I don't ;)
Ah you're right, strange since Joerg even has the Taiwan bios listed in his compatibility chart.

Anyhow should be possible to patch the AJW ROM.

Ah you're right, strange since Joerg even has the Taiwan bios listed in his compatibility chart.
Anyhow should be possible to patch the AJW ROM.
Up until now there hasn't been a need for a T version of the bios that I know of, as there weren't any exclusive games.

This is my cart by the way..hoping to get it into the mail tomorrow morning.

Modbios only has US, JP, or EU so we'll need some way to use the obscure TW bios for AJW. The owner had to jump through some hoops to get that working.

I have permission to reveal the generous mystery man who owns the carts. It's long time STV aficionado, revquixo. He has a massive STV collection and posted a lot of the early info about STV online.

He's on Twitter @RevQuixo if you want to say thanks.

Edit: I suck at phone typing. Three posts happened while i wrote that. You can say thanks to RevQuixo right here! :D

Thank all of you!! And welcome, Rev!

@RevQuixo of VG Rebirth fame? I loved your site! I was supposed to send you a ton of Gameboy scans before the site stopped working / went offline.

@RevQuixo of VG Rebirth fame? I loved your site! I was supposed to send you a ton of Gameboy scans before the site stopped working / went offline.
Yeah that would be me.I kinda miss VGR, but it was a lot of work, and I didn't have the technical aptitude to keep the code working after the other admins moved on with their real lives. Oh well. Thanks for remembering!

Well it looks like this game is already dumped and no one realized it was the English version...just needs to be added to the Multi-Cart (and region fixed).

It is this version:

Zen Nippon Pro-Wrestling Featuring Virtua (T 971123 V1.000) ROM

Name probably confused everyone.

I remember trying many things to add support but didnt work. It was somehow locked to Japanese BIOS IIRC.

Back