What's new

richdog

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi Team,

Just bought my first Sega cabinet that has not been butchered and has all the factory wiring :) Chassis has been rebuilt and is on its way back after having the caps and the vertical IC's done. I picked up a Taito Type X a few years ago running KOF ultimate "98? I believe and have managed to get it to boot.

Anyway would id like to do is create a retroarch / mame type setup for my Taito Type X. Apparently all of loaders / support is around for the X2 however not much people are talking about the first gen one that supports 15hz.

My question is, if I use a Windows XP SP3 build will my ATi card (Factory one with 15 / 31hz) will it nativity do 15hz? As from the factory I thought they ran allways on 15hz. Is this true?

And my other question is id have to map the Fast IO to keyboard mapping. This software below should help?
Fast IO to Keyboard

Also do I need to copy drivers somehow? Can I extract the drivers directly from the IDE hard drive or is that protected?

Cheers,
Rich.

Not sure, why you would have an x1 with a fast io, since they come with jvs

if you where using fio your much much better off to buy an old amd card like a 4770 and do a custom older build pc lga 775 ect, then use windows xp and soft 15k and thus do what you want by running the games on aracade io with out rewiring a cab

in the event you ment jvs there is a jvs to kb aswell. yes you can do what you said

but it is using nikos jvs to kb tool , the other drivers you will be needing is the com driver and chipset drivers, but most of that should be covered by a normal xp install

Sorry mate correction I ment Taito's standard JVS adapter. I thought that FastIO is what taito called the jvs adapter. Would the graphics card do 15k with out any soft 15k mod?

When i bought the Taito Type X I was looking at getting a 32k Blast City with JVS and was planning to mod this arcade PC and was thinking it would be worth the $80 paid for it. This was 3 years ago and was still learning lots around how arcade machines work etc. Biggest issue is most of the CRT's have died in these machines and the nation wide repair guy only supports the good old sega nano 29" nano ms8/9

I do have an old xbox with a jamma adapter but im trying to be a purist and wanted to get something 240p. Was looking at a JammaPi solution but I want 6 buttons and the ability to run fightcade and or retroarch with netplay support. (Thought it would be cool to run Gaunlet or DnD on CPS2) with my Namco Noir HD clone with mates).

I wonder if its worth modding the current OS on the IDE drive or just going full custom. I do see a SATA port on my board.

Pretty much all old amd cards before the hd 5XXXX can do 15k

Fast io it is a new standered ment for late X2 and X3+

JVS everything else,

Another option if 240P is the goal while it would require making your own custom control adapter, would be the nintendo wii i has vga support and can do 240P

The performance of mame and the emulates listed on an old X1 Hardware would be lucky to emulate Cps2 at fullspeed. PC wise there are a ton of options to plug and play right into a cab
http://jvspac.kirurg.org/ then deal with none of the limations or bullshit.

"Namco Noir HD clone with mates"
Makes me highly question why you would want to run games at 240p

I just wanted to see if I could get netplay going for 4player action thats all. My HD cabinet gets not much love. I looked into the Wii option very seriously. Would be awesome if you could get a RGB Jamma adapter with gamecube ports. Since my Cabinet is Jamma I could use those Jamma to PS3 adapters I have laying around that work for PC's and just skip JVS? And then just instead of trying to mod the Windows Embedded version go with a fresh install?

I thought it should run OK? Its like 2.5 GHz? I remember running it on my 300 mhz celeron back in the day. Guess its more accuracy focused now?

Your best bet is to build a dedicated PC to hook into it. I had mame running on X2 and it was bad. Terrible input lag. Get yourself a PC and setup Groovymame, you'll be much happier.

Back