What's new

naku

Beginner
Reaction score
Hello,
I am happy to can buy to SAVEYOURGAME my Darksoft CPS2 multi, and i would like to know if i have the last firmware on my kit ?

Can i test "CPS2 Roll-Up Packs: All roms for the CPS2 kit" without any crash my multi CPS2.
I buy it 2 november 2017

And another question. I have a little glicht on ssf2x, all set of this game, you know why ?

Thanks

I don't believe this kit will have the latest (key writing) firmware pre-installed no...
But the good news is updating the firmware is as simply as placing the update file on the root of the SD card and powering on the multi.

Directions in the first post here.

Once the firmware has been written/updated and you've installed the correct pin-header mod for your revision B-board...
Pinout for board revisions 93646B-3 and 93646B-4
CN2 interface pins:

DATAArduino #2→ CN2 A32
SETUP1Arduino #3→ CN2 A30
CLOCKArduino #11→ CN2 A31
SETUP2Arduino #12→ CN2 A29

Pinout for board revisions 93646B-5
CN9 interface pins:

DATAArduino #2→ CN9 #2
SETUP1Arduino #3→ CN9 #3
CLOCKArduino #11→ CN9 #4
SETUP2Arduino #12→ CN9 #5

Pinout for board revision 93646B-6, 93646B-7 and 97691A-3
CN9 pins:

DATAArduino # 2→ CN9 #2
SETUP1Arduino # 3→ CN9 #3
CLOCKArduino # 11→ CN9 #4
SETUP2Arduino # 12→ CN9 #5
You can then use Smokemonsters latest rollup pack with the optional MAME addon pack (for encrypted games).

I can't really speak about the glitch without more information.
The easiest thing you could try is re-seating (or just pressing down really well) the multi boards.
A common issue is poor contact with the original B-board resulting in graphic corruption issues... This isn't the only cause however, just be aware.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for your quick answer, so if I understood correctly.
By making the change by adding "DATA, CLOCK, SETUP1 and SETUP2" according to my version of B-board.
The update of the firmware is done by simply adding the flash file to the root of the SDCARD, so good news.

Ok, so I'll try it all.
I was a little lost with all the latest news about the Darksoft Multi, but now it's clearer.

Best regards,
Naku

So I made the change, I had a jst sanwa stick that is fine.
I made my small welds that go well for the DATA, CLOCK, SETUP1 & 2, update with the file at the root of the SD card.
I then put the basic pack that is enough for me and everything works superbly well.

Thank you for guiding me, a little more research and I will have done alone, but I needed a confirmation.

Best regards,
Naku.

Excellent! :thumbsup:

Nice cab setup too!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back