What's new
you can use an 8, 10 or 12MHz
68000's overclock no problem.

So, I should have read this thread first, but I snagged a cheap Clutch Hitter, how much work is it to convert this into a MW or Shadow Dancer?

@Apocalypse I saw your pic with all the wires... maybe beyond my skill. Are you working a multi for the S18? Worst case I can do the Hammer Away prototype game.

So, I should have read this thread first, but I snagged a cheap Clutch Hitter, how much work is it to convert this into a MW or Shadow Dancer?

@Apocalypse I saw your pic with all the wires... maybe beyond my skill. Are you working a multi for the S18? Worst case I can do the Hammer Away prototype game.
I have a non working Clutch Hitter I'm hoping to repair. First thing I did was see if I could convert it to MW :P unfortunately the answer is no. The ROM board is different :(

If you get the correct ROM board the motherboard will work fine

I have a non working Clutch Hitter I'm hoping to repair. First thing I did was see if I could convert it to MW :P unfortunately the answer is no. The ROM board is different :(

If you get the correct ROM board the motherboard will work fine
Ha, nothing is impossible for @Apocalypse, just look in this thread. He posts a picture showing that you can do it. It’s just a lot more complicated, so I guess I will wait for the multi!

I assume any ROM board and motherboard combination can be used for the multi!

If it's like the system 16 multi it will be a full replacement ROM board
Correct ! All you need is a working motherboard. There will probably be 2 versions just like S16B:
- V1 : simple with no key restore feature, game selection trough dipswitches
- V2 : key restore, LCD screen for game selection, etc. (might be overkill for a 11 game library)
Code can be 90% reused from S16B.

And yet another multi I’ll be +1 adding to the arsenal. Love ‘ya work @Apocalypse

I found a Laser Ghost PCB in my collection, I was hoping to convert it to Shadow Dancer but after reading all of this it looks like I have the wrong ROM board. Is it still possible or am I SOL,

I don't think Laser Ghost is all that common. It could be worth something to the right buyer. Not something I would consider converting, but you do you.

yeah Laser Ghost is considered one of the more Valuable System 18 games. Maybe not quite as valuable as moonwalker but You could probably sell it and buy an original shadow dancer.

Or, just hold onto it and use DS multi board to play anything you want without converting your game!

Thanks. I just figured that with the controls the Laser Ghost while rare will be a hard one to sell, I may end up keeping the PCB as a spare or hopefully I can find a ROM board for it. I don't see the need for a system 18 multi there are only a few games for it.

I don't see the need for a system 18 multi there are only a few games for it.
serious?
Alien Storm
D.D. Crew
Desert Breaker
Hammer Away
Moonwalker
Shadow Dancer

I'd say that's enough for a Multi.
Yes, especially if a mobo can be had for $50 and say the multi is $250, that's $300 for all those games, just try getting a Moonwalker for that price or even a Shadow Dancer. Also, Hammer Away was never released, so you'd need to buy another game and buy EPROMs etc, etc...

And of course, if DS can get the multi in for under $200..... :P

For me it's hard to find a system 18 board (i don't know where @xtrasmiley had one with 50$ ... but if i'llfind one on that price i'll jump on it , for sure will be many guys who will want a multi for these titles , especially : Alien Storm , Moonwalker , Shadow Dancer)

For me it's hard to find a system 18 board (i don't know where @xtrasmiley had one with 50$ ... but if i'llfind one on that price i'll jump on it , for sure will be many guys who will want a multi for these titles , especially : Alien Storm , Moonwalker , Shadow Dancer)
Got a complete Bloxeed for $80 last year, still on battery, still working.

YAJ, shipping is extra, but I’m always shipping stuff over!
I never think about the shipping + customs extra fees and taxes , but i've try to find one (the only board i've found was a MW for over 500$) ... and i didn't find nothing :(

Back