What's new
maybe someone can spot what I'm doing wrong. If I'm doing anything wrong.
ItDGKMM.jpg

Did you replace the mcu? It doesn’t have a label on it so I’m guessing you need one of those too. ic4 on the main board, the code is thankfully in mame.

Did you replace the mcu? It doesn’t have a label on it so I’m guessing you need one of those too. ic4 on the main board, the code is thankfully in mame.
ya the only chip I didn't replace was ic75 z80 cpu. He gave me everything but the z80

looking at mine, the jumpers seem fine. everything else seems right then, so my only thought is the roms are mislabeled or something. i would read a5 and a6 to see what program roms you have. I'd also read the MCU just to make sure. But if those 3 things are good, it should boot.

what's a good Rom reader/burner? I need to learn this stuff.

This thread has a link to the “which burner should I buy” thread but also (WIP) discusses burning roms in general: Skate's complete idiots guide to EPROM burning

I used the top3000 for a year before I upgraded to a xeltek 610p. But I also knew I was gonna do a lot of conversions, so it was worth the investment.

I'm confused how is everyone doing the conversion then.
They burn a new MCU, file is available in MAME. But it seems your motherboard has a modern one installed (probably 89C51).
looking at mine, the jumpers seem fine. everything else seems right then, so my only thought is the roms are mislabeled or something. i would read a5 and a6 to see what program roms you have. I'd also read the MCU just to make sure. But if those 3 things are good, it should boot.
Maybe I'm wrong but I read someone said the MCU must be locked for the game to boot. Might have been pure coincidence too.

ok got my Moonwalker back from hyper its working on my has but not on my Sega blast city the graphics are scrambled. Any ideas?

Ensure the video GND wire is connected on your cab and on the board. Many of these Sega boards from 1988 - 1998 need proper video GND. (Sys16/Sys18/Sys42)

If it works on a supergun, then it should be fine in your Blast. Scrambled how? Pics? Do other boards work in the blast? Sounds like a sync issue... is your chassis manual, and perhaps set to the wrong sync rate?

For reference...

This is what "scrambled" or "garbled" graphics looks like:
hkDzg.jpg

notice that while the image is bad it still a sharp, clean, and stable image.
this is a PCB problem, though if a board works in one machine but does this in another the likely culprit would be the power supply.

This is what "bad-sync" looks like:
sync.jpg

Notice how everything is on an angle, the picture looks like it's "rolling" from one side of the screen to the other. You can see that the game seems to be playing normally it's just that the monitor is having difficulty locking onto the signal to stabilize it.

This could be a problem with the monitor, the wiring, or the game PCB. though if it works in one machine but not another it's likely a monitor or wiring issue; not a PCB issue.

I think its a sync issue. The voltage on the cab is v5.00. Its manual as its ms2930. Now is Moonwalker -5v? I wonder if my atlas's boards negatron dial could of moved.

-5 has nothing to do with sync, -5 is used on the sound circuit of some boards

Take a picture or video of your issue so we can try and help, but as twistedsymphony said above it's likely the video ground isn't connected and needs to be connected.

but as twistedsymphony said above it's likely the video ground isn't connected and needs to be connected.
I love when people mis-attribute other people's great advice to me :D

but seriously that was Asure's suggestion, and it's a good one

Back