What's new
sorry got home at 4am was trying to sleep AND MY COUSIN AND UNCLE ARE SLAMING DOORS. LOL. This happens in both Sega blasts
76w3dSt.jpg

-5 has nothing to do with sync, -5 is used on the sound circuit of some boards
It's worth mentioning -5V is also used for powering logic chips on classic games (late 70's/early 80's) and is in fact vital for those boards (lack of any of +12V/+5V/-5V leads to the destruction of CPU/RAMs in a matter of minutes).

Entirely likely on a Sega cab, my Astro doesn't have it either.

naw I just read the picture better that pin isn't used. On the 001 loom for blast it runs through the grey thing forget its name. I followed the wire back to jamma edge.

Not video sync to ground, there is a specific video ground pin

Connect pin 1 and pin 14 (GND to Video GND)

I have had to do this on my S16 adapter since it doesn't have video GND connected.

Oh hey, my blast also won’t sync with my sys18 board! I’ll fiddle with it in a bit and see what fixes it.

It might just be a matter of adjusting your remote board. Taito F3 in my Astro City displays a similar image until I adjust V Hold, from memory.

It might just be a matter of adjusting your remote board. Taito F3 in my Astro City displays a similar image until I adjust V Hold, from memory.
If the Blast does indeed have a good video ground then it could be that simple.

I trust @ekorz to get to the bottom of it.

I trust @ekorz to get to the bottom of it.
Lol, no pressure.

Connect video ground :P
You got a system18 board? I get continuity tone between pins 1 and 14. Unless I'm missing the point on this suggestion which I totally could be... I know some pcb's don't have them connected so you gotta have it in your cab wiring (yeah?). Still new to cab stuff... Anyway...

^^winner, or close enough.

So, I learned something new today! Factory Mode on the Blast (MS-2931 anyway) is the only way to adjust sync. Here's the manual for reference. p46 details it, but generally speaking:
  • hold all three buttons down (start with up/down then hit mode, then hold) for 3 seconds
  • The first menu is FH015 which I assume means FH0 - Horizontal Sync, 15 for 15khz
  • Use up/down to find the sync where it locks in. Mine was set at 015 to start, I think, but 010 is the one that worked.
  • Save the children.

found this maybe it will help someone smarter than me on here which is just about anyone. Its the pinout for Moonwalker.

Attachments

• Capture+_2019-02-07-20-13-30.png
    Capture+_2019-02-07-20-13-30.png
    725.4 KB · Views: 222
Back