What's new
@Apocalypse - that is one heck of a hack! Jeez. I've always wondered if it was possible to eliminate the custom Sega IC found on that rom board board.

Do you possibly have a schematic or more info on what was done to that rom board? I have spare of that revision rom board, as well as some ideas on how to clean the hack up a bit and make it more discrete. Would be interested if you have more info.

Do you possibly have a schematic or more info on what was done to that rom board? I have spare of that revision rom board, as well as some ideas on how to clean the hack up a bit and make it more discrete. Would be interested if you have more info.
I've got a hacked romboard somewhere I modified years ago. People didn't have much interest in it at the time so I moved to something else.
In the meantime I moved house 2 times so all notes are lost now. But if I find the modified romboard I can make a quick drawing.

you dont need to buy questionable ancient 8751 mcu's,
the flash version, AT89c51 is still in production from Atmel.

got my unencypted roms fron segaresurrection.

the decrypted roms are available from jammaarcade for free (also all System16 decrypted roms). then just buy a 8751, program it, plug the roms in and you're done.

the decrypted roms are available from jammaarcade for free (also all System16 decrypted roms). then just buy a 8751, program it, plug the roms in and you're done.
that's the plan, my 8751 just showed up in the mail yesterday.

also good to see you back on here!

you dont need to buy questionable ancient 8751 mcu's,
the flash version, AT89c51 is still in production from Atmel.
My Top3000 was able to program one of these Amtels, high five!

The conversion is running! A4 is a 27c1000 non-jedec as far as I can tell, otherwise they were all 27c2001's jedec. One of my RAM tested bad, one intermittent, so I had to order another couple 6116's. The effect there is that the character sprites flicker, or have thick bars, or are missing entirely. I'll throw up some pics of the final once that is solved.

Jumpers I got from pics online, but ONE dude had one jumper in another place, so @jassin000 do you have a board you can confirm? XX is jumped.

BETWEEN B3 and B4
OXX
XXO
OXX
XXO
OXX <<--- this is the one I've seen in both spots - it didn't change anything for me but I didn't play much
OXX
OXX
OXX

otherwise just posting these in case anyone needs them:

Between A3 and A4
OXX
XXO
XXO
OXX
XXO
OXX
XXO
XXO

At A7
OXX
XXO
XXO
OXX
OXX
OXX
XXO

I need to check/photograph it when I get home, add it to the list of stuff I've gota do haha. :P
Create high quality scans of the Vewlix plexi marquee
Convert more Saturn images to CDI format
Test/report on issues reported with the Darksoft MVS multi (yes I have it, right now)
One thing to remember about my Moonwalker board however, it's still running on battery.

I'm not sure if this matters, but most people have de-suicided these long ago, just something to keep in mind.

I need to check/photograph it when I get home, add it to the list of stuff I've gota do haha. :P
Playing with the Darksoft MVS multi (yes I have it, right now)
I've updated your list to reflect what is actually going to get done :P

Sorry @ekorz but @xodaraP had my number...
xl78Sg0.jpg

B5O3PXN.jpg

I did get to do a few more Saturn Rhea CDI conversions last night, but that was it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice dude, I see you got the multi cart.

Not a fault of the multi at all, but RGBs Reco board gave me issues with it because of the button press combination it uses to remap/autofire buttons setup etc. The Reco reads any 3 button presses to go into remapping mode.
I had told Darksoft about it, not sure if its been fixed in the latest FW or will be addressed later on.

Last edited:
Nice @jassin000!!! I understand ;)

Give it hell and find some bugs. Perfection or bust!!

Nice choice of games to test too, Metal Slug X will give you bugs if anything is going to since it has that weird protection that afaik hasn't been completely broken yet?

I just got in a Sys18 Bloxeed and looking to do this conversion. did we ever get confirmation on those jumpers?

Also just to confirm this is the parts list:
1x 8751 MCU (AT89c51 preferred)
1x 68000 CPU (10mhz)
1x 27c1000
16x 27c2001

is there anything else I'll need to pick up?

I just got in a Sys18 Bloxeed and looking to do this conversion. did we ever get confirmation on those jumpers?

Also just to confirm this is the parts list:
1x 8751 MCU (AT89c51 preferred)
1x 68000 CPU (10mhz)
1x 27c1000
16x 27c2001

is there anything else I'll need to pick up?
I probably have an extra AT89c51 if you don't have one!

yep, your parts list is complete from my POV

I did a full playthrough on mine, and didn't notice anything that would cause me to believe the jumpers I posted above were wrong. The jumper in question I set at 'OXX'.

Back