What's new

Sp33dFr34k

Champion
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Any clue as to how to get the shifter working for the Initial D games with the help of the S-JHIP?

Works fine in games like Crazy Taxi etc, but it seems Initial D uses a different pinout.

Anybody else ran into this issue?

Thanks!

I don't have an Initial D, however, it's probably just on a different input. You could go to the test menu and just go over all the inputs with a short piece of wire (one end on GND, one on whatever input you're testing). Honestly quicker than trying to read a schematic.

Someone here has a table of pinouts, I think I've already seen it and use it in one of my cabinets. But I can't remember.

The issue is a little bit more complicated. It's for a fellow member here @kioku25 and he's tried jumping all existing pins already.

I've wired up the steering wheel for him and did some tests on Naomi (that's the only compatible system I've got) and works fine there. Just his Initial D doesn't work with the shifters. He's tried jumping the wires already to no result... Problem is that I'm not close to him and it's a risk shipping all the stuff over just to test Initial D. If somebody can help us with this would be very much appreciated :)

Which Intital D vesion is it? If you are using a JVS with too little inputs, it may not show up. The best best is going into test menu and test from there.

I've primarily been playing Initial D 6 with a Sega 837-14572, aka Type 3, I/O Board. But I ran into the same problem with ID 3 and a Type 1 I/O as well.
According to the pin-out provided by aoiddr it should be AD0 for stick up and AD2 for stick down, but as Sp33dFr34k said, I've already tried jumpering all of the pins on my S-JIHP in-game as well as in Test Mode, but the dang thing refused to budge.

Last edited:
Are you sure the signal is getting there. IIRC on the S-JIHP you can cut some traces and rearrange the inputs. Please check that.

Poking @Mitsurugi-w here.

on sega i/o type 1 and 3 the up down shifter is wired to pins:

24 - shift up
26 - shift down

this is for naomi initial d 1,2,3 + chihiro outrun 2 and or2 sp + lindbergh initial d series + ringedge initial d series

pins 24 and 26 according to andy geezers website is player 2 up and player 2 down.

ive never used or even seen in the flesh a s-jihp so cant say for sure.....but if you have a multi meter , check to see where you get continuity between pin 24 and 26 of the i/o board to the s-jihp output connector......

If you confirm the pinout of the shifter I can tell you how to wire your S-JIHP. It should be just digital controls. I don't see why a shifter would be analog.

if it works ok in crazy taxi , then you just need to re-pin the same connections from the wheel to player 2 up + down on the S-JIHP which should be pins 24 + 26 of the i/o board.

Thanks @terminator2k2 I see I've missed your previous reply where you've mentioned that as well. This is what I've been looking for, we will give it a shot, thanks again!

Back