What's new

Gakman

Professional
Reaction score
Hi!

Since @TylerDurden67 retired (;() and @Apocalypse is in New Zealand and to busy (you're the best, I'm waiting for your next amazing projects), I have to find someone to fix my broken games and perform some modifications I want, in France or in Europe (or even world for games I love).
So, let's try to list known repairers (gifted amateurs or professionnals).
We can draw a list and share our experiences with them.

@Apocalypse at Arcade Fixer : New Zealand, arcadefixer.blogspot.fr (fix various boards, hacks, mods, recommended by @Gakman) - see website for great repair logs
@caius at JAMMArcade.net : ?, www.jammarcade.net (fix various boards and IC repro, recomended by @Darksoft, @frsj8112) - see website for great repair logs

pros:
Ken Westerfield at ARC (Advanced Repair Center) : USA, www.irepairsega.com (fix lots of Sega boards, recommended by @Darksoft), $75/h mini 1h.
Chad Entringer at Arcadecup : USA, www.arcadecup.com / www.crtlabs.net (Fix CRT monitors, added by @skate323k137), around $155 to $210.
Adam at OneCircuit : USA, onecircuit.com (fix Nintendo arcade boards, a lot of happy customers said by @twistedsymphony), typically flat rate $100.
PNL Video : USA (fix CRT, recommended by @kazuo, @twistedsymphony), around $75/h
Sharp Image Repair : USA (fix CRT, recommended by @cpsystem3)

ittle extra : to avoid

Last edited:
I tried Ken from Irepairsega and I can vouch for him. He's top service.

I heard a lot of good things about Ken, but shipping to USA can be expensive for me in France. These pros can be very expensive if you know it's just a dead chip (like a RAM), charging 70-100$ just to change it. And they won't do small modifications or fix like just a recap or game console mod. I have a full cardboard of dead PCB, a lot to take care.

Last edited:
it's hard to find skilled folks who want to spend their time doing things like recapping. Most of us in this hobby will likely be forced to learn as a result, I know I was anyway.

If we're counting monitors in this list then arcadecup of course.

Sharp Image Repair in Las Vegas, NV for CRT chassis repair (all models including Japanese candy cabinet chassis).

They have repaired digital tri-sync chassis for me that other shops refuse to even look at (Sanwa PFX, Nanao MS2931). Best in the biz for sure. Its run by the lead tech from (the now defunct) Sharp Image monitors.

Nobody here visit JAMMArcade.net ? Ahi,ahi,ah,ahi...
Hundred and hundreds of repairs from me Porchy and other contributors too plus PAL dumping, IC reprodutions (including Konami hybrid audio modules) and other nice things.Dozen and dozen of satisfied customers all around the world.

Last edited:
@caius I think most people in Europe know you well. Please let us know what are your terms for getting boards fixed. I'm a a frequent visitor of jammarcade.net and love your repair logs :thumbup:

@Gakman can you please add @caius to your first post?

PNL Video in California does chassis repair... they've fixed a few Nanao and Toei boards I had that were acting up. Haven't used them for years, but they should still be around. Standard labor rates last I used them, around 75/hr.

Nobody here visit JAMMArcade.net ? Ahi,ahi,ah,ahi...
Hundred and hundreds of repairs on my back plus PAL dumping, IC reprodutions (including Konami hybrid audio modules) and other nice things.Dozen and dozen of satisfied customers all around the world.

http://www.jammarcade.net/author/caius/
Added ! I like your repairs logs, too ^^ If you want to add informations, tell me (PM or here).

PNL Video in California does chassis repair... they've fixed a few Nanao and Toei boards I had that were acting up. Haven't used them for years, but they should still be around. Standard labor rates last I used them, around 75/hr.
PNL is still around, they saved my poor poor Atomiswave just as I was about to give up on it

I talk about it here: https://youtu.be/T6jRz_fKVYQ

Avoid Vic's Videogames in El Monte, they fucked me over (Also in the video)

yup I used PNL for my MS8-29 a couple of years ago. they did great work and managed to source me a new flyback (which have been out of production for years now).

Just want to chip in with thumbs up for caius. He has helped a loooot, he must be getting crazy answering all my emails LOL :thumbsup:

Just want to chip in with thumbs up for caius. He has helped a loooot, he must be getting crazy answering all my emails LOL :thumbsup:
It was my pleasure and I'm sure now you passed me.This is the destiny of every teacher with his own students ;(

I think most people in Europe know you well. Please let us know what are your terms for getting boards fixed. I'm a a frequent visitor of jammarcade.net and love your repair logs
Thanks for you praise.About my terms, I can say I do repairs more for passion, money are secondary to me.My fees (fixed and not hourly) are reasonable compared to time and efforts I put in, you will not get any bad surprise from me.I will do always my best to fix your boards since I'm a bad loser in this :) My motto is :" NEVER GIVE UP!"

also read your stuff. can't get enough! have a few boards I want to fix and I think I need to read some more before I start!

I've spent a LOT of time on jammarcade.net trying to make sense of how to fix boards. LOVE that site!!

I'm not sure if Channelmanic is here, but RJ is one of the great guys in this hobby. He's all over KLOV and most of the US folks know of him I'd wager.

Back