What's new
there's a guy who sells conversions on klov regularly for $350 shipped and they sell within hours of posting.

honestly with the price of the quiz games approaching $200 before proxy fees and import shipping, and the time involved to de-solder all of those chips. they're not making all of that much on that $350 price tag.

if someone here has a conversion board for sale I'm interested in one for my TIT cabinet. I been approached by 3 klov members for $350+ for a conversion! I'm willing to pay up to $250 shipped for one.
Ditto, I'm more than willing to buy a converted one if the price is right. I love that game.

Don't waste your time. Some asshole has been buying up every single one and drove the price to the point of the conversion being a waste of money.
Don't waste your time? Sounds like you are trying to knock out the competition! :P
A "real" TiT is going for about $600-700 now, a quiz game, even at $175 is a bit lower, no?
Cost of time and hardware a lot of people likely lack turns it into a very expensive conversion. If you're using a hand pump on those dips have fun :D

As for SF2 that's still a cheap game, I got 3 for $100-150 last year.

nice stuff thanks for the guide im pretty dang good with an iron so if i stumble across this cheap ill buy one for my personal collection

Guys, it's any chance for me to have normal audio on this conversion ? What i need to do for that ? ?(
Here is what i've done until now...

Attachments

• mask rom .jpg
    mask rom .jpg
    942.2 KB · Views: 184
  • Back Konami.jpg
    Back Konami.jpg
    946.7 KB · Views: 196
  • front Konami.jpg
    front Konami.jpg
    975.6 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:
Street Fighter II CE used to be a dirt-cheap CPS1 board as well until word got out on conversions. Now it pushes $200 - $300. Supply and demand.
I was wondering why when I left France I used to find them for 40-50bucks. Oh well, cannot compare 10 years ago to now anyway. It all went super high in many ways. As you say, supply and demand ;(

That's the chip I sent you for sound. I only tested it in the opening movie which sadly seems ok. It is possible the chip is not fast enough for the sound. The one i sent you is a pull from China. I use them for lots of things but some of them dont like to be used in that conversion for some reason.

Try to order a new one and if it works I'll reimburse you for that one.

That's the chip I sent you for sound. I only tested it in the opening movie which sadly seems ok. It is possible the chip is not fast enough for the sound. The one i sent you is a pull from China. I use them for lots of things but some of them dont like to be used in that conversion for some reason.

Try to order a new one and if it works I'll reimburse you for that one.
No problem Mitsu, i'll change it (is 70ns one) in few days. I have other 27c512's 100ns (hope these will work) on the way (it's not OTP) and i'll report here (2F is the problem)

Last edited:
Sound rom is the 27c160. The 27c512s are fine.
excuse me ... what i have on the way (ST M27C160-100F1) it's the same like what i have from you, hope will be ok , if not , i'll order one faster ? witch i should try (120ns , 150ns , 200ns) ?

Last edited:
I use the same type and it works fine for me but I tried a few before that do what yours does.

I use the same type and it works fine for me but I tried a few before that do what yours does.
if will be the bad chip problem like was happened in this case,no problem for me cause i have on the way 30x27c160 - 100ns speed. (I order some chips to have in hands for the future projects will come :whistling: )

I couldn't watch the video because I'm at work. But I'm assuming you're having scratchy audio on the Pizza Power opening theme song?

I had this problem and found out that most of the 27c160s people are buying from China off of eBay are counterfeit! They advertise the speed as 100ns but they are lying! They shaved off the original label and stamped a new label on the chip.

Look for an original 27c160. Does the date code say 14xx, 15xx, or 16xx indicating it was made in 2014, 2015 or 2016? That's obviously a fake! ST stopped making those chips years ago. Look for date codes of 99xx or earlier. Also look for smooth brown ceramic surfaces. Does the chip have a rough sandpaper like surface that is almost black? It's a fake!

vreenak-fake.jpg

I couldn't watch the video because I'm at work. But I'm assuming you're having scratchy audio on the Pizza Power opening theme song?

I had this problem and found out that most of the 27c160s people are buying from China off of eBay are counterfeit! They advertise the speed as 100ns but they are lying! They shaved off the original label and stamped a new label on the chip.

Look for an original 27c160. Does the date code say 14xx, 15xx, or 16xx indicating it was made in 2014, 2015 or 2016? That's obviously a fake! ST stopped making those chips years ago. Look for date codes of 99xx or earlier. Also look for smooth brown ceramic surfaces. Does the chip have a rough sandpaper like surface that is almost black? It's a fake!
No , the problems starts when April is live transmision and when Krang stole the Statue of Liberty...there the sounds problem starts.I bought the 27c160's from ebay (jk_parts) (hope i will be lucky to find one good

Last edited:
Anyone tried this conversation and owns a ChipMax2?

Everything went smooth except programming the Hitachi HN27C4000G. I bought 10 of them through BuyICNow, and all of the 10 results in a "Program Error" at about 3 ot 7%.

I tried to download the romset though different sites, but none of them (sets or the 4 different possible files for this chip) worked :/

Capture2.JPG
Capture4.JPG

Attachments

• Capture3.JPG
    Capture3.JPG
    20.8 KB · Views: 201
Try an alternative brand of the same type and see if that helps

Also, Algorithm says "Rapid" if this is write speed, reduce it if at all possible

That’s the only brand for 27c4000 in dip 40.
If I try other brands as a 27c400 I get the same error (actually it errors faster).
Algorithm is not related to the speed of programming, but more like a preset for the data of Vccp, Vpp, tpwp etc.
I ordered another 10 of this eprom from a different place, maybe buyICnow sent me dead ones :/

Last edited:
I have a topmax 2 and have the same issue. I program them using my other programmer and they work fine.

There is an MX brand equivalent that programs fine in there though.

Back