What's new
P.S.: A lot of conversions have been well known for a long time but were kept secret cause few people were making a lot of money with them. There were conversions sold as OG and no one could spot them (matching datecode on EPROMs and fake labels, or EEPROMs/PALs with reference engraved with a laser machine used for 3D "crystal" souvenirs).
Can you give some names?

P.S.: A lot of conversions have been well known for a long time but were kept secret cause few people were making a lot of money with them. There were conversions sold as OG and no one could spot them (matching datecode on EPROMs and fake labels, or EEPROMs/PALs with reference engraved with a laser machine used for 3D "crystal" souvenirs).
So, I definitely don't want to start drama either, but selling a conversion is one thing, holding onto methods you came up with to do the conversions is also one thing. BUT, going through the effort of lying to the buyer by laser engraving chips to pass them off as real? That's pretty shady and shitty.

I'd like to know the names, to know if I've been ripped off, and to blacklist these sellers in the future.

Making money off your efforts is OK in my book, tricking people is not OK.

Not in this for the drama, but it would be interesting to see pics from one of those laser-hand-engraved jobbies.
(I've only seen arcade operator-engraved serials on pcb's that went thru my hands over the years.)

156,53$ for this Quiz board - in my case. The prices blows up for this game too !

I simply cannot find this quiz game. I would love to own TMNT in Time, conversion or not, but I guess that'll have to wait. Who knows, maybe an opportunity will show up?

I simply cannot find this quiz game. I would love to own TMNT in Time, conversion or not, but I guess that'll have to wait. Who knows, maybe an opportunity will show up?
for sure will show up , it's not a rare game that Quiz game.

Don't waste your time. Some asshole has been buying up every single one and drove the price to the point of the conversion being a waste of money.

Don't waste your time. Some asshole has been buying up every single one and drove the price to the point of the conversion being a waste of money.
Don't waste your time? Sounds like you are trying to knock out the competition! :P

A "real" TiT is going for about $600-700 now, a quiz game, even at $175 is a bit lower, no?

considering before the how-to on this conversion was posted here on the forum the price of these quiz games was about $35... $175 is kind of ridiculous.

considering before the how-to on this conversion was posted here on the forum the price of these quiz games was about $35... $175 is kind of ridiculous.
Street Fighter II CE used to be a dirt-cheap CPS1 board as well until word got out on conversions. Now it pushes $200 - $300. Supply and demand.

Street Fighter II CE used to be a dirt-cheap CPS1 board as well until word got out on conversions. Now it pushes $200 - $300. Supply and demand.
A local guy was dumping a pile (basically filled up my trunk) of CPS2 & CPS1 stuff and I snapped it up. Have been slowly selling off the CPS2, but the CPS1 stuff was the gold mine. Was even a Saturday Night Slammasters in there, which I would not have likely ever purchased at today's market value.
-ud

Problem is, I haven't seen it for sale on Y!AJ or eBay for a very long time.

It became a popular donor game, so people are always grabbing it quickly.

Problem is, I haven't seen it for sale on Y!AJ or eBay for a very long time.
It became a popular donor game, so people are always grabbing it quickly.
I've seen 2 in last 2 weeks .. One I've won for 156 yesterday and the other I've lost it for 120$ because I've slept then...on the auction (my maximum was 110$ and .... Sweet dreams) . Anyway... Check next days ,maybe something will show up!

I see 2-3 a week on YAJ the price just keeps going up though.

Before these conversions were posted here they were $35, shortly after the conversions were posted they shot up to $50-$75 and then they've slowly increased there after.

if someone here has a conversion board for sale I'm interested in one for my TIT cabinet. I been approached by 3 klov members for $350+ for a conversion! I'm willing to pay up to $250 shipped for one.

Back