What's new

xodaraP

Legendary
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I've got a faulty CPS3 motherboard, does anyone repair these (in Australia preferably)

I have a parts board as well (badly corroded custom) I can supply along with the motherboard itself to get it fixed, seems a shame to throw out the motherboard and replace it, not to mention they're hard to find empty and getting expensive

Is throwing an error 22 or it freezes on 85% writing the game, depending which game you attempt to write, I've tried multiple replacement SIMMS, 2 different carts and 2 different disc drives.

Error 22 is usually problem with SIMM #2. I would try to replace that SIMM first or maybe switch SIMMS #1 and #2 and see what happens. Try cleaning the contacts properly to make sure the problem is not coming from there.

Hey Darksoft,

I've tried all off the above, if I'm trying to install 3S it doesn't actually give me an error, it just freezes up on 85% - new Generation or JoJo gives me error 22, or 32 and also freeze up on 85%

I've tried 4 seperate 64mb SIMMS in slot 2, swapped 1 and 2 and Brasso'd the connectors on all of them :(

I've tried another CD drive, CD and cable and I tried replacing the cart as suggested by Mitsu and sadly the exact same issue occurred. There is corrosion on some of the pins on one of the LS245 ICs which control the SIMMS, so I think this may be the cause, but is beyond my scope to diagnose or repair

I'm not a repair tech. Since you eliminated the simms I am at the end of my skills. Maybe someone in Australia can help you.

Joey may well be able to do it, but it probably wouldn't be worth it from a cost perspective, though CPS3 boards are going up so that may change. I'm keeping it here anyway. I've got a replacement mobo coming this week too :)

Still want to try and fix the other motherboard since it's so clean it would be a shame to throw it out, and it's 86% working :P

Might have to see if Joey is happy to have a look at it, but before that I'll run around it and look for any lifted pins on customs etc

Back