What's new

chacal231077

Grand Master
Reaction score
Hello :) Hello :)
::
I have a problem with a motherboard namco system 256

I have no beep sound of the bios at startup. ?(

The I / O indicator lights flash the drive shows the playback activity of the game.

There is a switching that is done on the screen but it remains black. :(

The dvd player continues to play the games & the flashing lights always with nothing on the screen. :|

If I turn the volume knob to the highest I hear very low the music of the game.

What electronic parts has to be damaged? :/

VGA chip, Sound chip is Dead ? ;(

IDE RIBBON NEW & Jumper config 246+/256 OK

i tested with HDD Games Fate Unlimited Code Gundam VS & DVD Games Tekken 5 ,Kinnikuman

990985IMG1931.jpg

977838IMG1932.jpg

Thank you for your help ;)

For the bios beeps I would suggest you connect directly headphones to the 2 cinch plugs.
About the video you will get 31khz/15khz depending on the game and dip switches. Make sure that you are using the rhight option and that your monitor supports it. Some games will only work on 15khz or 31khz so be sure to try both if you can. 15khz will come easier from the jamma Pcb.

Hi
I tested on 2 New Net City Cabinet with Namco System 246+ Mode ,Sangoku Basara & with 2 VGA connector output

DIP switch

1 off = Game Mode
2 off = video output 3v, on = video output 0.7v with or without any difference
3 off = 15khz video, on = 31khz video with or without any difference
4 off = composite synchronization, on = synchronization h / v with or without any difference

I hear the electronic noise of the player in the speakers when he reads the game

Namco system 256 Test You Tube

Last edited:
try dip 2 and 3 on. Did it work properly before on that cabinet or is it a new installation?

Hi
I tried what Darksoft told me with the headphone the dips switch ect .. still nothing ?( .
The screen switches but remains black & the DVD player indicator is still active and flashing X/

What exactly happened with the headphones? Did you hear some beeps when powering up? Was it like ding ding ding ding ding
or more like ding ding bang bang bang? If you have another unit that it's working on that cabinet, use the same settings and take the dongle and the DVD/HDD there. Then you'll know more.

Hello @Darksoft & Merry Chrismas

I tried with your recommendation but no sound with the headphone in bios mode or game mode .

zero noises or other :thumbdown: :/

if i send you the motherboard at my expense & for the return, would you have time to look? :(

Sorry, no time for that. Your board is clearly dead. These boards go for 100+ EUR. If you count shipping + repair time, etc. it's much better to just buy a new one.

the ding noise doesn't happen on every game, only some of them. if the game plays and you can hear the game sounds then the audio is clearly ok and so is the BIOS (if it was the BIOS nothing would work)
the problem is in the video section. possibly the BGA RAM has come loose or one of the other special Sony BGA chips.
Either way, they are way too complicated to fix, buy another, they are cheap on yahoo japan auctions.

并不是所有游戏都会发出叮当声,只有部分游戏会发出叮当声。如果游戏运行并且您可以听到游戏声音,那么音频显然没问题,BIOS 也是如此(如果是 BIOS,则什么都不起作用)
问题出在视频部分。可能是 BGA RAM 松动或其他特殊索尼 BGA 芯片之一松动。
不管怎样,它们太复杂了,无法修复,再买一个,它们在雅虎日本拍卖上很便宜。
我现在的情况就是开机能听到加密狗验证通过的叮叮叮连续蜂鸣声,而且游戏启动后正常有声音,唯一不足的就是始终没有图像,显示器有时候会切换到无信号模式,有时候会黑色闪动,我同时测试了我的256硬件,图像和声音均为正常,唯独我的246硬件只有声音正常,视频始终没有正常信号

BGA RAM 松动这个在哪个地方?

Attachments

• System246_MOTHER_PCB.jpg
    System246_MOTHER_PCB.jpg
    222.4 KB · Views: 31
我重新发主板246+图片

Attachments

• 246+PCB (3).jpg
    246+PCB (3).jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 25
  • 246+PCB (7).jpg
    246+PCB (7).jpg