What's new

chomponooch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My CPS 2 multi has been working very well so far (rev.7 B-board, Pal form Darksoft, Sandisk 4gb).
Some time ago after turning it on it was making some strange sounds
I switched A-boards - the sounds were still bad.
I updated muti firmware - still the same.
Formated sd card and copied all files - nothing.
OK - I've used another rev. 7 B-board (it was working perfectly on battery before I sacrificed it for the CPS2 multi), re-assembled the multi on B-board being sure to seat everything as tightly as possible and... the sounds are unchanged.
I've removed multi and returned back to original game (maskroms, eproms, phoenixed eproms, pal) and b-board works great.
I've cleand each pin of the multi with ISO alcohol - still nothing.
Double checked setting all the jumpers, changed Darksoft Pal for G Pal - still the same.

My issue seems to be similar to this one CPS2 Multi Going Bad? Weird Audio Issue but, I've checked carefully - all pins look good.

Thank you for your help.

Last edited:
Two more infos:

I've checeked it with another 4gb sd card (kingston).
Incorrect sound is both from jamma and stereo cps2 output.

I am grateful in advance for any help.

I checked that kit myself and worked with my only B Boad. If you tried with 2 with the same result, it may be an intermitent problem with the kit, like a cold solder or a tin drop. Can you check at the Connectors if there is anything like that? moving pins or tin drops anywhere?? It can also be that the sound fix has been hit during transport. Can you check that there is no problems there? No shortcuts between adjacent pins and all pins signal goes in and out as expected?

@Mitsurugi-w feel free to step in.

Darksoft - thanks for answer .
I've checked carefully connectors and pins and I have not seen anything wrong (for example tin drop) but I'll do it again.
I'll try to use multimeter this time. Unfortunately I do not know enough about it (and have no enough skill) to remove cold solder...
I do not think that something will happen in transport, because the multi behaves exactly the same as before transport.

Check the sound crackle tiny pcb for proper continuity please, that and the tin drops look like a candidate that would trigger at times and would be compatible with the fact that sometimes works and sometimes doesnt. Cold solders is a different thing.

OK - l'll check it again.
I've checked this small pcb and its pins for the Qsound roms a few times before - they visually looked OK and sit well in their places.
How should I perform check for proper continuit?

I checked it again, cleaned the q-sound pins again - without effect.
BTW - I have noticed that each flashing of memories with new data causes more errors in the sound...

Back