What's new
Congrats..awesome job..enjoy..start hunting another one for Horizontal action:)

Thanks! And I am looking for a horizontal cab, but since I'm restricting myself to one of these six models it may be a long time until I have one

Thanks! And I am looking for a horizontal cab, but since I'm restricting myself to one of these six models it may be a long time until I have one
Those are some hard to find cabs!
Aero City should be the easiest I think.

Awesome job on the NAC btw! :D

Look at the for sale tread.. there was a person in LA selling a NeoGeo which looks like the first picture and it seems to be in excellent shape.. he might have sold it by now but it is worth taking a look:)

Look at the for sale tread.. there was a person in LA selling a NeoGeo which looks like the first picture and it seems to be in excellent shape.. he might have sold it by now but it is worth taking a look:)
yeah that's the guy I bought my NAC from, unfortunately I don't have 2 grand to spend on another cab right now. I'm probably going to wait at least a year before getting into another cab

Was the finish on the original CPO smooth or did it have a sort of slightly textured feel to it?

Was the finish on the original CPO smooth or did it have a sort of slightly textured feel to it?
it is completely smooth and glossy. I think original Sega 2L6B panels were kind of matte but still slightly reflective and smooth, not textured feeling at all. These 1L6B panels (and the "licensed by" 2L12B) were aftermarket by Sanwa and Seimitsu, I believe mine was a Seimitsu (at least, it fits the SS mounting plate and had a LS-32 mounted to it when I got it). I know I've seen pictures of Seimitsu made 1L6B and 2L12B panels that have that kind of satiny finish of the original Sega 2L6Bs but this was not like that. I'm not sure what the rhyme or reason is behind some panels being glossy and some being kind of matte, like I've also seen those original Sega logo 2L6Bs glossy as well. I have never seen any official or licensed panel that's actually textured like a River Service panel or something, just ones that seem more satiny and lower gloss or more plasticky and high gloss.

e: Here's a picture of a Sanwa-made 2L12B that's glossy like my 1L6B. Maybe mine's a Sanwa? Do their mounts fit Seimitsu SS plates?

Last edited:
That's the best upgrade you can do. All my Astros have his panels.
Do you have an Astro 2L12B by him? I'd like to see a pic of how it looks "in the real world" on a cab. I know he uses a different process for those compared to the 1L6B.

With a new 1L6B repro by @alberto1225 to replace the original faded and rusting/peeling one
That's the best upgrade you can do. All my Astros have his panels.
Damm, I wish I'd know this. I just placed an order for one with a guy off FB called Atomic City in France.

They have a slight textured look to them. I did ask if that was the same as the original panels and he answered in the affirmative. Might have to rethink my order.

Damm, I wish I'd know this. I just placed an order for one with a guy off FB called Atomic City in France.
They have a slight textured look to them. I did ask if that was the same as the original panels and he answered in the affirmative. Might have to rethink my order.
They may look textured, but not feel that way. Original panels also look textured underneath the smooth plastic.

e: what I'm trying to say is, original panels (and the alberto repro I have) are totally smooth to the touch. It's not like touching something slightly rough. This is because there's a clear layer of some smooth plastic material over the actual art, which does have a texture to it. On some panels this plastic layer is very clear and polished looking (like on my original 1L6B and alberto repro) and on some this is duller and more satin/matte looking, but neither actually have any roughness you can feel with your hands. The only time I have ever felt a panel with texture was on river service panels in Japanese arcades where they feel kind of like hard plasticy paper or something, like how I imagine one of the real sega panels would feel without the top smooth clear plastic layer. You need to find out from the person making your repros if they are textured to the touch rather than just textured looking but smooth to the touch, which is how the real panels are.

Last edited:
Do you have an Astro 2L12B by him? I'd like to see a pic of how it looks "in the real world" on a cab. I know he uses a different process for those compared to the 1L6B.
Not installed, all my Astros are linked with single player panels. I have some in storage though. They look great.

I always knew I wanted to put an original 2L6B panel on this machine, for older and more "casual" games in addition to the 1L6B for more intense stuff where being centered really helps. I really prefer the look of the NAC with two sticks, but didn't want a 2L12B or a hacked up 2L6B with extra holes drilled (If I get a second, horizontal cab I'll put a 2L12B on that). I also wanted one that was reasonably clean and not too rusty, as these panels in particular got hit hard with rust and general time and wear, being the panels these cabs originally shipped with they're often scratched up, faded and peeling. Add to that most operators or other users adding extra holes to these almost as a matter of course and I thought I was going to have a hell of a time finding even a decent one.

Only a few days after I posted a want thread @jugu posted these pics:

xyBpUN3.jpg

xbZ1opA.jpg

Almost no rust, original harness, only very minor signs of use at all. Only problem is it was missing the Seimitsu "NA" LS-32 mounting plates, which are no longer in production. I wasn't going to let that stop me, so we did the deal. In the meantime I found elsewhere a pretty beat up panel for cheap that did have the plates so I bought that and it got to me pretty fast so I had the plates ready to go for today, when jugu's panel arrived:

eA8hyNR.jpg

9EVDeCV.jpg

In it are new LS-32s and Seimitsu GN screwbuttons, really love how it looks on the cab. This is one Astro 2L6B that's not going to end up butchered. Thanks jugu!

Small update, this cab is still going strong. Yaton dumped a ton of original instruction card holders on ebay and I snagged one:

ZpZMLAZ.jpg

I have accumulated a nice set of genuine panels (and one river service I'll be selling soon):

WE8cghH.jpg

Seimitsu Mahjong
Sanwa 1L6B (JLF-P1 JLF+OBSF)
Seimitsu 1L6B (SS LS-32+PS-15) - This came with the cab and is in not great shape and I will probably be selling it too
Sega 2L12B (Seimitsu NA LS-32+PS-14-GN)
Sega 2L6B (Seimitsu NA LS-32+PS-14-GN)
River Service 2L12B (JLF-P1 JLF+OBSF)

I'm literally about to go through the same exact process on the exact same cabinet as you, awesome, awesome read. Thank you for sharing!

Regarding your recap, did you use a cap list posted somewhere or did you just document each cap and personally look it up on digikey like I usually do?

Back