What's new
Thanks for the stream today and thanks for your help finding a few bugs to iron out!!

Initially my ossc wasn't getting any signal... When I changed the tall pre coast to 3 and post cost to 2 and changed other settings it worked flawlessly

Sync OPT. > H-PLL Post-Coast 2 lines
Sync OPT. > Hsync Tolerance 8.30us

Didn't look too good early. What was going wrong?
The very beginning? He was still tweaking his setup to display the video properly.

He did find a few glitches that we did not catch in testing. I think a lot of the minor GFX issues are just cart seating issues. One thing I see I didn't test enough is loading three games at one time. This was just introduced in the FW he is using. Looks like there is a timing issue sometimes that cause bad loads. For example the issue with Super Spy having no sound was corrected by reloading the rom. There were a few glitches with certain games that I will bet is either a FPGA setting that needs to be tweaked or even a rom that was converted incorrectly. There are a few of them that glitched for him but not during my testing or other testers. Like Windjammers, Slug 5, and Matrimelee.

The very good news is that all of the glitches that happened during his live stream can be easily fixed in software. Most with a simple edit to the fpga file in the game folder. Hardware design is done and being manufactured.

THIS WHOLE STREAM WAS DONE WITH A PROTO CART WITH NON-FINAL FIRMWARE. THERE IS A KNOWN PROBLEM WITH THE INTERCONNECT ON THE PROTO THAT WILL BE FIXED ON THE FINAL DESIGN. THIS CAN CAUSE SOUND AND GFX ISSUES ON THE PROTO.

Someone from the other forum decided to steal Beast's videos and edit all of the glitches together. Keep in mind this was a 7 hour stream. Most was glitch free. Our cart is much more complicated than the NeoSD. It takes more work to get perfect. If we went the easy route like NeoSD did we would have been done months ago. But what fun is good enough?

Don't worry. There may be glitches still at launch. Most will be resolved. There is no way for three testers to catch every problem. That's why it is important for people like Beast to help in testing. Was live-streaming a risk? Yeah. But it's not like it was the final design or FW though the other forum wants to pass it off as being so. How many 7 hour livestreams did NeoSD have before launch? Zero? And it was not perfect at launch (still isn't).

Hey @Darksoft team_sp00ky wants to do a prototype stream with the mvs proto you sent me.. they're local and popular in the Fighting game community and it's easy traffic for your neo multi and other products as well

@Mitsurugi-w, ahh k. Well you sniffed it out. My reaction was based partly because I saw some the edited video on Youtube. Had no idea it was edited. Definitely a risk you took. The prompts in that video very much looked like beast was conveying those messages.

When I skipped through parts of the 7 hour stream, I saw mostly clean gameplay so that is good. Figured things must have got fixed by then. I can say though that the edited video was definitely not a good look.

Tried to catch the stream today, but he was playing Mario RPG by then. I'll check out the stream tomorrow, time permitting.

Thanks a bunch for taking the time to watch it @acblunden2 the views and follows keep me motivated to make more content. Hopefully I'll have the guys from ifix machine , team spooky and Brooklyn video games stream with the darksoft neo multi upon release

@Mitsurugi-w, ahh k. Well you sniffed it out. My reaction was based partly because I saw some the edited video on Youtube. Had no idea it was edited. Definitely a risk you took. The prompts in that video very much looked like beast was conveying those messages.

When I skipped through parts of the 7 hour stream, I saw mostly clean gameplay so that is good. Figured things must have got fixed by then. I can say though that the edited video was definitely not a good look.

Tried to catch the stream today, but he was playing Mario RPG by then. I'll check out the stream tomorrow, time permitting.
The Arcadelover account was created just to post the edited videos. @beast1x5 has his own channel.

So basically, they took 7 hours of streaming down to a 15 minutes video that shows ONLY the problems found. I'm thinking of sending the cart to them directly ;)

Anyways, with this new feedback we'll fix the new bugs found, as we always do....
I mean, we made a list but having all the issues condensed down like that is a great tool to fix the issues. ;)

Back