What's new

silverfox0786

Student
Reaction score
Hey guys

was feeling bord so i decided to make a Quad/Dual Bios Selector PCB for my Sega S-TV system

it works a real treat

i decided to use QUAD Bios setup and went with JEUM

Normally its JEUT but i removed the T (Taiwan) and went with M (ModBIOS)

Reason beign is becasue no game was made for Taiwan only so in effect Taiwan is not ever needed

so i have
J = Japan
E = Europe
U = USA
M = ModBios

The reason i chose to have a QUAD instead of Dual where i could have used JAP & USA and be done with it as all games work with those 2 either or, is because im in UK so i wanted Europe and then you have USA and JAP needed leaving 1 slot free so i stuck ModBIOS into it, which is a buffer but can be usefull if needed

here it is

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

I use Oshpark also. If you want to sell one I'll take one from you.

I actually sold the other 2 even before they arrived back from the board house to a friend whom i mentioned to i made them

although he wants some more so i will be making another order

as soon as the order arrives i shall shell a few on here to anyoen that wants one

Daaat's pretty cool. I'd be interested in one (do you/can you burn the chip too? :D )

yes i am able to burn teh BIOS if need be and in any order you require

curretly i have it as JUEM but it can be changed and arranged as needed

i will make teh order for more real soon and then let everyone know that wants one, how to get one

this is indeed pretty cool, though I'm curious what advantage this has over simply using the mod bios?

this is indeed pretty cool, though I'm curious what advantage this has over simply using the mod bios?
with the mod bios you need to remeber to press the correct button to select the region and a certain time, which is a little annoying for many people

this eliminated that as the BIOS used are original Code so no messign about, just switch to desired BIOS and startup the STV

for soem the MODBIOS is good for them ansd thats why the last bank is MODBIOS

so you get the best of both worlds here

New PCB boards have arrived and are limited to only 10 of them

they have been re designed to allow for the riser boards

ill post pics in sale thread

they will be fully soldered with a preprogrammed EPROM in the order of your choice
so let me know which BIOS and which order you want

Ill chuck up a for sale thread soon, bear in mind Christmas is round the corner so things may be slow

I don't have an STV so be gentle with me, what's the advantage of this over just the modbios?

Anyone remember what switch combo equals what on this?

Back