What's new
Can someone post a full list of supported games on the CPS2 Multicart?

Thanks!

Btw I've seen a version of SSF2X where it's the Japanese version, and the stages change every match. I saw it at NCR this year:

Notice how they change stages between each match. Anyone know which version this is?

Btw I've seen a version of SSF2X where it's the Japanese version, and the stages change every match. I saw it at NCR this year:

Notice how they change stages between each match. Anyone know which version this is?
I've done that as a proof of concept I made the code/notes of my st training mode available which has it.
Also, I do not have that hack anymore since my hdd died.

I've done that as a proof of concept I made the code/notes of my st training mode available which has it.Also, I do not have that hack anymore since my hdd died.
Oh man, that's too bad! It looks like a pretty cool hack and great for tournaments/etc.

I've been looking at pof's cheat it has the locations and byte code at least.
the jsr write
<!-- random stages -->

maincpu.ow@39a6=4EB9,

maincpu.ow@39a8=000c,

maincpu.ow@39aa=cc10,

<!-- / -->

and the function itself
<!-- random stages -->

maincpu.ow@ccc10=302D,

maincpu.ow@ccc12=61D2,

maincpu.ow@ccc14=0240,

maincpu.ow@ccc16=000f,

maincpu.ow@ccc18=3b40,

maincpu.ow@ccc1a=0c4e,

maincpu.ow@ccc1c=d040,

maincpu.ow@ccc1e=4e75,

<!-- / -->

New games I just added to the site:

dstlkur1dl - Darkstalkers: The Night Warriors (USA 940705)
vampjdl - Vampire: The Night Warriors (JAPAN 940705)
vampjr1dl - Vampire: The Night Warriors (JAPAN 940630)

Keep in mind that Vampire (940630) have a "odd behavior" regarding the kick harness and the pin 25 of the jamma header. Some people like to wire one of the kick inputs together with the pin 25 of the jamma connector for compatibility with the NEO GEO. if the harness is wired that way, the kick button which is connected to the pin 25 will not function properly. Version 940705 had that issue solved.

Last edited:
Thanks for the new releases.

I saw your instructions for converting from MAME to CPS2-kit file-types, but I don't quite understand the process. For example, many games like dstlkur1dl don't contain .01 or .02 files, so how do you create the CPS2-kit .01 and .02 files?

You're supposed to pick the missing files from the parent set.

The original game name is "Vampire". The product code is "VAM" so all EPROMs and ROMs are marked with a "VAM" prefix.

For example the voice ROMs are "VAM.11m" and "VAM.12m" ("m" means it's a mask-rom). The EPROM sockets 01 and 02 are for the Z80 program (sound program). You concatenate the 01 and 02 files and then put them inside a 4MB file (filled with 0xFF) overwriting so the file size don't change. That makes the 01 file for the multi.

The procedure for MULTI .02 ROM is identical, just take a 4MB and paste the roms 03-10 in it in sequence. If a game is for example three eproms you paste roms 03, 04 and 05 in it and leave the rest of the 4MB space blank.

A big shout for Shoutime for pointing problems with Choko and Quiz Nanairo Dreams: Nijiirochou no kiseki.

The sets were updated at the project site.
Awesome work Leo. Are those the fixed Vampire Night Warriors roms on the site now too?

Added to the site today: (the regular site with the normal for EPROM board files)

19XX (BRAZIL 951218)
19XX (HISPANIC 951218)

ECO FIGHTERS (all known regional variations 931203 revison)
ECO FIGHTERS (USA 940215)

Revised:
ULTIMATE ECOLOGY (JAPAN 931203)

Added to the site today: (the regular site with the normal for EPROM board files)

19XX (BRAZIL 951218)
19XX (HISPANIC 951218)

ECO FIGHTERS (all known regional variations 931203 revison)
ECO FIGHTERS (USA 940215)

Revised:
ULTIMATE ECOLOGY (JAPAN 931203)
Great news! The 931203 revision of ECO FIGHTERS seems to point to a wrong link.

Back